Custom menu height + other details

alan's picture
alan
Thu, 04/17/2014 - 05:03
Custom menu height + other details

Hello,

I am trying to change the menu height - i.e. the height of the top-banner where the main menu points are listed.

I have tried in configure > general and there turned on the "custom menu height" check box. A new input field appears, but no matter what I enter there, nothing changes, this seems to have no effect on anything. What is this option for?

I have also tried to look at the page where the menu is implemented with chrome developer tools. I can't seem to find any CSS property that directly affects this height that I am trying to change.

- Can you help me out here to figure out what is what?
- Is it possible for me to change this dimension in the menu with a reasonable amount of effort?
- I have read the documentation for the megamenu, and I think it is missing quite some details, like for instance what each and every of the parameters available for tweaking mean in the configure subsections is and does. Any chance you might be extending the documentation to include these descriptions in the near future?

Thanks.

Neo's picture
Neo
Thu, 04/17/2014 - 06:29

Hi Alan,
You might have some CSS conflict with your theme. I just try to test custom height and menu, it works well here. Can you send me your develop link so I can check and fix it for you?

alan's picture
alan
Thu, 04/17/2014 - 11:09

Hello! Thanks for the quick response!

I would like to send you this developer link, but I'm not 100% certain what you mean by this. If you want admin access to my site, this is fine, but can I pass you the details by email rather than pasting it here? Or can I somehow send you a private message?

Just FYI, I am using the Mayo theme, and I have stuck my megamenu in the banner-top region.

/Alan

Neo's picture
Neo
Thu, 04/17/2014 - 22:57

sure, please send via contact form

alan's picture
alan
Fri, 04/18/2014 - 05:36

Thanks! Details have been sent.

/Alan

alan's picture
alan
Wed, 04/23/2014 - 09:47

Hello!

For anyone else interested, it turns out that my chosen theme (Mayo - CSS still unadulterated) somehow overrides the height of the menu, which is why it was not possible to change the height of the menu from the UI.

The following was added to the custom CSS box in the configuration of my megamenu:

.mdmegamenu ul.megamenu > li {
margin: 0;
}

And now I can change the height of the menu to whatever I want.

Thanks for the awesome support!

/Alan

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.