Broken Display and Admin Links

rjmiller's picture
rjmiller
Fri, 10/21/2016 - 15:06
Broken Display and Admin Links

Hello,

MD Mega Menu has worked well on my site until recently upgrading to 7.x-2.0. All other modules are core are up to date.

1. It is not possible to edit menu items: Top level or Sub level. (A) Clicking Settings for any Top level menu does produce the Menu item data screen, but Save does not perform an action. (B) Clicking the edit pencil icon jumps to the top of the same page with no change in apperance. Scrolling does not revel any editable field elsewhere.

2. Sub level contents that contain a form are not legible. The display has a dark text on black background. There does not appear to be a setting under CONFIGURE to correct this.

3. Under CONFIGURE, the Top level border radius, size, and color do not work. The overall menu appearance has black mark in each corner that cannot be changed with any setting. Sub level border radius, size, and colour work as expected.

Testing on Safari and Firefox for Mac.

I really like this menu, but it is effectively broken and would have to be removed if it cannot be fixed.

rjmiller's picture
rjmiller
Fri, 10/21/2016 - 15:07

You can see the black/gray background under three different sub levels <a href="https://www.robertmiller.ca/">on this page.</a>

rjmiller's picture
rjmiller
Wed, 10/26/2016 - 11:46

Hello, is anyone monitoring this forum? I am beginning to believe this product is unsupported, has many bugs, and people should steer towards other solutions.

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Wed, 10/26/2016 - 22:32

Hi,

Sorry for our late reply.

We try to check several times but menu in our site does not have same problems as you mentioned above.

Can you please send us your site admin account and FTP account by private comment? We would like to have a check then fix problem for you.

cindy's picture
cindy
Fri, 10/28/2016 - 04:03

Hi,

We really need FTP account or cPanel to fix these problems

Please send us at your soonest time

rjmiller's picture
rjmiller
Fri, 10/28/2016 - 11:23

Hello,
No, an FTP account to my file system would be unacceptable.

Any changes are undocumented and a deviation from the standard module distribution and configuration. This would impact site move and recovery. In addition, you would have unlimited access to many other features of the web site which would raise significant privacy and security concerns.

The Megamenu module should be bug fixed and released as an updated version.

Thank you

cindy's picture
cindy
Tue, 11/01/2016 - 04:07

So, please resend us your admin account to log in your website

We cannot log in your site anymore

rjmiller's picture
rjmiller
Mon, 11/07/2016 - 00:34

An FTP account was not possible, therefore we disabled your admit account for Drupal since you did say you cannot fix the problem.

We deleted the 7.x-2.0 version, which was previously provided as an upgrade by MD, and installed the 7.x-1.19 version that was found under our account profile. The problems persist: any blocks added to a sub menu have black backgrounds. Some update made this incomplatible with my theme. It wasn't before.

cindy's picture
cindy
Mon, 11/07/2016 - 02:43

Hi, 

When you assign a block into a (sub)menu item, there will be a class named: "block", css of your theme or of a module in your theme set black background for this class.

We have updated the module to fix some bugs, please check your email for it

If it cannot fix this problem, please add the following code in Custom Css in Configure

#menu-bar .md-megamenu .block{background:#fff}

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.