menu titles and background doesn't display upon upgrade

cveitch's picture
cveitch
Mon, 10/05/2015 - 12:09
menu titles and background doesn't display upon upgrade

Hello, When I apply the upgrade to mega menu 7.x-1.18 on my development server the main menu titles and background disappear. On hover, some of the dropdown text appears but without the background. We use a custom styling. Can you help please? Thanks.  

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Mon, 10/05/2015 - 23:00

Hi,

Could you send us your site url, admin account and FTP account? We would like to have a check on your site.

Please remember to send by comment form and check "Private message" for security reason.

cveitch's picture
cveitch
Tue, 10/06/2015 - 09:50

Hi Phuonght, Our policy won't permit me to share the account information, is there another way? 

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Tue, 10/06/2015 - 23:47

Sorry for your inconvenience.

Our new version of mega menu has some change in html structure and js frontend. Please help us re-create your custom styling then it can work well.

cveitch's picture
cveitch
Wed, 10/14/2015 - 11:43

Hi Phuonght, I've sent a private message containing the css. What additional information will you need?

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Thu, 10/15/2015 - 06:54

Sorry,

So you tried to rewrite custom style for mega menu on your site then it still does not work, right?

cveitch's picture
cveitch
Fri, 10/16/2015 - 10:17

I'm not certain which css files within the megamenu I need to reference in my css.

cindy's picture
cindy
Sat, 10/17/2015 - 04:19

Please check which theme is being activated in your site now

Then you can paste the code in file css of that theme

cveitch's picture
cveitch
Wed, 10/21/2015 - 06:20

Thank you Cindy, I'll try that.

cveitch's picture
cveitch
Thu, 11/19/2015 - 09:19

Hi Cindy, someone has suggested that the CSS snippet that sets to the menu container to 'display: none' when it has the class of .deactive may be the reason the menu doesn't show. Is this something new in the JS file which sets this class based on certain conditions? How can I use our styling/css if this is the case? Are there any plans to change the JS to allow for custom CSS? Thanks.

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Thu, 11/19/2015 - 22:10

Hi,

Could you describe more about your problem? We do not understand clearly so it is difficult for us to give answers.

- By default, our mega menu has no class .deactive but only class .active so which is "the menu container to 'display: none' when it has the class of .deactive" that you mentioned?

- Conditions setting class: which conditions would you like to use? Could you give some examples?

- allow custom CSS: how about your custom CSS?

KeystoneRick's picture
KeystoneRick
Tue, 11/24/2015 - 06:03

Hi Phuonght,

I have the same issue in version 1.18. Maybe the following will help solve the problem.

This issue only appears when the "item url" path (The URL for a menu link) is used as follows:

and it will not happen if used as follows:

Is this helping the case, I would like to hear if there is a solution?

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Tue, 11/24/2015 - 05:51

KeystoneRick,

Thank you for your feedback. We will check and reply ASAP :)

KeystoneRick's picture
KeystoneRick
Tue, 11/24/2015 - 07:26

Hi Phuonght,

in addition to #12 .....

This issue only happens when the "item URL" is initially edited, saved and cached. It disappears when clicked on the menu-tab in the menu which isn't showing the right colors. On the new opened page the menu shows as originally wished ... on all the other pages where the menu is used, it fixes the issue as well.

Note: in the described situation #14, I only used the item-url path, like: "/example1/page/" or "/node/1/"

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Wed, 12/09/2015 - 22:25

KeystoneRick,

Sorry for our delay.

Could you help us take some screenshots about problem? It is still difficult for us to know exactly reason. 

And it would be great if you could share with us your site information so we can take a closer look at issue and find a solution. 

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.