Module not Supported Error

droddis's picture
droddis
Tue, 09/15/2015 - 10:25
Module not Supported Error

I updated to the most recent emailed copy of MegaMenu and am getting the following error:

The installed version of at least one of your modules or themes is no longer supported. Upgrading or disabling is strongly recommended.

cindy's picture
cindy
Wed, 09/16/2015 - 04:08

Hi,

What is the error/warning

droddis's picture
droddis
Wed, 09/16/2015 - 10:32

The error is :

"The installed version of at least one of your modules or themes is no longer supported. Upgrading or disabling is strongly recommended."

It's a drupal Core error indicating that the module isn't supported, I'm not sure what exactly it means except it's triggering a site wide error.

droddis's picture
droddis
Fri, 09/25/2015 - 08:46

hi Cindy,

Any idea on how to fix this?

akerr's picture
akerr
Fri, 09/25/2015 - 16:28

I also get this error.

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Mon, 09/28/2015 - 00:00

Hi Droddis and Akerr,

Maybe it is because we sent to you dev version of Mega menu which we made a mistake of version 2.0. However, the realease version is 1.8. It is update notification but not a serious issue. 

Please send us your site url, admin and FTP accounts. We would like to fix it for you.

Remember to check "Private message" for security reason.

droddis's picture
droddis
Mon, 09/28/2015 - 14:31

Hi there, Is there a way to make this fix without handing over the FTP and site admin access? I know it's not a serious issue but if we could get a fix so the eventual client doesn't get the warning I would appreciate it. If we manually edit the .info file of the module to reflect version 1.8 is that going to clear the error?

akerr's picture
akerr
Tue, 09/29/2015 - 11:32

I downloaded the latest version from this site and installed it. I don't get the error message now, but the menu doesn't show up at all. And when I go to the updates page in the admin area, the module is highlighted in red and it says "Not suppported!" I am using the latest version of Drupal.

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Tue, 09/29/2015 - 23:53

Hi there,

There is a fixed version of mega menu that you could download from your account page. If it still does not solve problem on your site, please send us your site url, admin account and FTP account to us. We would like to fix it for you.

It is just a quick fix and we ensure that we always keep all customers' information in safe so please do not worry.

jtimana's picture
jtimana
Wed, 09/30/2015 - 22:06

I'm also having the same problem. I downloaded the package through my account and now I cannot install or use this module. 

jtimana's picture
jtimana
Wed, 09/30/2015 - 22:17

I changed the .info file to:

name = MD MegaMenu
description = Drag and drop to create mega menu.
core = 7.x
package = MegaDrupal
files[] = md_megamenu.module
dependencies[] = media
project status url = http://megadrupal.com/fserver
version = "7.x-1.18"
core = "7.x"
project = "md_megamenu"

And now it works.

akerr's picture
akerr
Tue, 10/06/2015 - 10:42

I tried lonize's fix, and while that did make the menu display, it doesn't look like it should. The background is white instead of black, the font looks a little small, and the bullet points in the drop-downs are missing. I'm using this on a customer's e-commerce site. So I'm sure you can understand that I'm not just going to give full access to a stranger. Others have complained about the same thing, so obviously this isn't a server or user-error issue. Please fix this.

droddis's picture
droddis
Tue, 10/06/2015 - 10:52

Hi Akerr,

Did you upgrade from a previous version to the newest? if you are having display or css issues I know I noticed that many of the classes changed with the latest version. it looks to me like they've integrated another 3rd party menu into the module which has rendered some of the css classes you may have customized in the past irrelevent, or at least may need some additional tweaking. If you look now you'll see a the .awemenu class which may be overriding or ignoring any custom css you may have had.

It's certainly not a drop in upgrade from previous versions based on my experience.

akerr's picture
akerr
Fri, 10/09/2015 - 15:41

Yes, I was attempting to upgrade from the previous version. If the plain looking menu is normal, then I guess the latest version works. Thanks.

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Tue, 10/06/2015 - 23:49

Hi Akerr and Droddis,

Sorry for your inconvenience. The new version of mega menu has changes in HML structure and js frontend so if you are using any custom styling, please help us re-create and it can work well.

lambers's picture
lambers
Thu, 10/15/2015 - 04:19

Just updated MD megamenu from downloaded file from my account.   I use Commerce Kickstart 7,x-2.29 (latest version).  

I also get message that MD MegaMenu 7.x-2.0 is not supported (menu works, but the styling is completely wrong because the variable names are changed and therefore are not correct.  Please can you correct the version so it is backwards compatible with previous version and supported in drupal 7 ?

Thxs.

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Thu, 10/15/2015 - 04:42

Hi Lambers,

Please help us edit/change in file info from version 7.x-2.0 to 7.x-1.18 then it will work without problem "not supported". And because there are some changes in HTML structure and jsfrontend, if you use a custom style and it does not work well with 1.18 so please re-create it. 

lambers's picture
lambers
Thu, 10/15/2015 - 05:14

Thanks, but I keep old version due to too much work for rewriting heavily customized style....

I would advise you to develop modules in future that are backwards compatible.

Thxs.

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Thu, 10/15/2015 - 05:22

Of course we will work hard for better version in the future. Thank you for your advice :)

rjmiller's picture
rjmiller
Fri, 10/28/2016 - 16:34

Wow, this has been going on for over a year without a proper fix. Are all customers expected to hand over their FTP accounts?

I think it's time to write off this module and give it the fair review it deserves.

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Sun, 10/30/2016 - 22:25

Hi Rjmiller,

Error not supported with version 7.20 was solved and we updated module several times. Are you facing to the same problem in this topic?

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.