Menu dropdowns stop working

tvsmvp's picture
tvsmvp
Mon, 06/29/2015 - 19:44
Menu dropdowns stop working

Example: See this page: http://horsemanship101.com/mobile/products/4988/what-id-teach-your-horse

You can run your cursor over a tab and it will dropdown - but if you run it over several others, it will stop working - and then the tab that did work doesn't - nor do any of the others.  If you then run your cursor to another part of the page (allowing the menu to disappear), one or two of the tabs will again work - until you again run over a couple tabs, they won't work... and the process repeats.

This happens regardless of how I've set jquery update.

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Mon, 06/29/2015 - 22:53

Hi,

Please send us your site url, admin account and FTP account (forum link as well) via email: [email protected]. We would like to have a check.

janet.merriman's picture
janet.merriman
Tue, 07/21/2015 - 13:48

I am having the same issue after doing some updates for Core Drupal and MegaMenu.  We don't have this live yet, but I can send you access by email (we are using Acquia), but was wondering if you can share what needed to be done to fix this issue?  Thanks

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Tue, 07/21/2015 - 23:16

Hi Janet.merriman,

Check your email. We just sent you a file. Please try with it and see if it works.

janet.merriman's picture
janet.merriman
Thu, 07/23/2015 - 10:56

Thanks, I tried the new file, but still have the same problem.  If I mouse over the menu side to side, the menu dropdowns do not work, but if I carefully mouse over them from above the link, they do work... does that help narrow in on the issue?

cindy's picture
cindy
Thu, 07/23/2015 - 22:51

Please send us your site's url, admin account and FTP account to [email protected] (also this forum link)

We will check your issue

jbenjamin's picture
jbenjamin
Thu, 09/24/2015 - 13:41

I'm also seeing this on my development server. 

ludwigpossie's picture
ludwigpossie
Thu, 09/24/2015 - 15:45

I'm having the exact same issue as reported by the OP.  I'm having to revert back to 1.16.

cindy's picture
cindy
Thu, 09/24/2015 - 23:10

Hi Jbenjamin and Ludwigpossie

Please check your email for the update file

ludwigpossie's picture
ludwigpossie
Fri, 09/25/2015 - 14:51

Cindy;

A couple of us working on our test environment tried the file you sent.  Although it does address some issue, it seems that any customization doesn't seem to work very well.  Here is the feed back I got:

----------

So, I have been working with the new MD Megamenu... There are a few bugs/issues that I am running into so far, which I am still working to find solutions... but just wanted to give you an update.

I made two Menus, one with Style 1 and the other custom css.

Style 1

* New Icon 

So I tried to place the Icon in the Help Tab that we created for the old menu. It doesn't work. I enabled the settings.. on and off... but when you click on the select icon button it acts broken. It doesn't perform an action. If we cannot get the icon to work, I am not sure how you would like to do that action. Maybe insert it manually?

* Help 

Hover state on the Help. There seems to be a shadow affect that appears when you hover over the tabs. Though it is only noticeable on the Help. I have tried to deactivate it but I cannot so far. I tried to on the design settings and in my custom css.

* Rollover

- In the design section, where you can change the settings for Rollover - Sub Menu - Top Level... in the text design section, the colors do not work but the italic and bold do.

- So, it appears that in the design tab that controls the Sub Level - Hover Level - Top Level. The functions have changed what they control compared to the previous version. 

-->Sub-level - Now controls the background color and text of the sub menu that comes out when hovering over the tabs.

-->Hover Level - Now controls the color and text for the normal state.

-->Top-level - Does nothing.

Custom CSS

I started doing the Custom CSS.. it does take a lot of work but we could do it. It still is a little harder to find the hooks. For example, I cant seem to get the hover state to resemble the previous menu correctly yet.

I haven't been able to get the Menu Bar to run across the full screen like the other menu yet.

It would take time but we could get it close to the other one, I think.

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Mon, 09/28/2015 - 06:44

Hi Ludwigpossie,

Thank you for your detailed feeback. We will check and fix bugs carefully :)

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.