Cannot get the module to 'count' the number in a taxonomy

njwrigley's picture
njwrigley
Tue, 04/28/2015 - 08:09
Cannot get the module to 'count' the number in a taxonomy

Hi there,

I'm not new to Drupal.

I bought MD Portfolio yesterday.

I have a Content Type (Video Post) which has 4 Taxonomy Term fields.

When I create the MD Portfolio view, I can see these taxonomy terms in the MD - Style Portfolio settings:

https://www.evernote.com/l/AAVFTjgeOkJFMJ0HV0-Au1K3pqb8bb3MgOE

However, these filters always show that there are zero pieces of content with these taxonomy terms associated with them:

https://www.evernote.com/l/AAWHsu9b0MpG1JypymgvYrrLPoRKyFu1MGg

However, I know that this is not the case because I have other views successfully using these taxonomy terms to create other blocks and pages.

Only the 'All' filter shows a number, the correct number of nodes with that particular taxonomy term attached. All the other filters show '0'.

You can see what I mean here:

https://www.evernote.com/l/AAU-lchzvYxAWqhpIATVu9zpHhv-E4o1QwY

I'm confused, please help... 

Please advise.

I have sent an email (Weds 29th April 2015) to [email protected] with my Drupal install login details and the paths to the Content Types, Views and Taxonomy terms in question.

Thanks,

Nathan.

cindy's picture
cindy
Mon, 05/04/2015 - 00:04

Hi,

Please create a new content type, which has only 1 taxonomy: stars rating
Then create portfolio views for that content type?

njwrigley's picture
njwrigley
Mon, 05/04/2015 - 06:16

Are you saying that I cannot use a content type that I already have? This seems a little odd! Why would I not be able to use an existing content type?

Also, can I only use a content type with one Taxonomy Term associated with it? Again, that's odd - why is that?

Are you just offered this solution as a troubleshooting technique, or are you saying this your module does not support existing content types AND / OR content types with more that one Taxonomy Term field associated with it?

njwrigley's picture
njwrigley
Mon, 05/04/2015 - 10:33

Okay...

I created a new content type and a new taxonomy term and linked them together.

I have exactly the same issue in that the term always shows no results in the filter that your module creates in views. I can see all of the terms but they all show as 0 (zero) in the buttons. The 'All' button does however, show the correct number of options in the term, so something is broken somewhere!

If I go to the Taxonomy pages that Drupal creates then I can see the nodes that have that taxonomy applied to them, so I know that Drupal is saving the node and the taxonomy term for that node. It would appear that your module is having a problem indexing the nodes and the taxonomy terms associated with them.

Please could you log in to my Drupal install as per the username and password that I sent in the email to cindy?

Feel free to set up a new content type and taxonomy vocabulary, but please let me know what they're called so that I can find them to delete later!!!

Thanks...

cindy's picture
cindy
Tue, 05/05/2015 - 06:45

Hi,

Sure, we will check your problem wth the information you sent us via email and then feedback you at the soonest time

njwrigley's picture
njwrigley
Wed, 05/13/2015 - 12:13

I'm still waiting on a fix for this. The problem still exists. I sent you several emails and then you sent nothing back.

Please could you read the emails that I sent which explain why this problem is still there and how your solution does not work for me, and then are you able to get back to me please?

cindy's picture
cindy
Wed, 05/13/2015 - 22:25

Hi,

We received your email already and we are working on this. We are sorry for the late respond beacause our internet has some trouble now, which make us a bit difficult to access to foreign website. We will email you at the soonest time as possible

Regards,

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.