How to Add Parallax Scrolling?

mcseufer's picture
mcseufer
Tue, 01/12/2016 - 13:28
How to Add Parallax Scrolling?

We have MDAwecontent and the Avira theme.

How do we add parallax scrolling to the page when you click on a link?  Right now, when you click on a link, it jumps right to the page achor (Ex. #history) without any page-scrolling animation.  How do we add this animation?

Thanks,

Michael

mcseufer's picture
mcseufer
Thu, 01/14/2016 - 09:59

Can someone please answer this?

I created a single-page site using AWEContent and the Ariva theme.  How do I get the page to perform an animated scroll when a user clicks on a link?

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Fri, 01/15/2016 - 03:09

Hi,

For example:

If you would like to add scrolling for "History" link, please go to menu to edit link (admin/structure/menu/item/318/edit)

set path: <front>#history

then in block that you would like, set ID: history. So when you click link, page will scroll down to that block.

If it still not work, you could send us your site url and admin account by private comment. 

mcseufer's picture
mcseufer
Fri, 01/29/2016 - 11:27

Just wanted to update everyone on this.  The reason that the smooth-scrolling animation was not working was because I was using unallowable page anchor links like this:

<front>#top,  <front>#about,  <front>#people, etc

Once I removed "<front>" and replaced it with the home/single page node/#/, smooth scrolling animation worked fine.

M.

cindy's picture
cindy
Fri, 01/29/2016 - 21:34

Thank you for your feedback :)

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.