Module triggers ModSecurity and blocks IP?

PaulR's picture
PaulR
Mon, 12/14/2015 - 10:51
Module triggers ModSecurity and blocks IP?

Hi,

I tested this module fine on a local install, but when I moved to the live site after using it for a few minutes I became IP banned. I spoke to the server/hosting company and they said that ModSecurity (the server module) had banned my IP. They whitelisted my IP and it seems to be working OK. They said that the rule being triggered appears to be #211650

This wasn't the only module I had installed, but I slowly disabled the others until AWEContent was the only new module running and the rule was still triggering the ban. Apparently several things that can trigger ModSecurity, including modules that write direct to the database, especially text editors. The ban happened from two different locations with two different users so I don't think that it's local machine related.

Has anyone else come across this? I'm not going to disable ModSecurity, and whilst whitelisting IPs is workable in the short term it's not ideal. I've used many many Drupal sites and modules and this is the first time I've run into ModSecurity triggering.

Thanks

Paul

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Mon, 12/14/2015 - 22:36

Hi, 

Sorry for your inconvenience when using our MD Awecontent. Our module will send many requests to server to have data render for awcontent. We think maybe it is reason causes blocking IP problem. 

We recommend that you scould try to add rule to your server which let awecontent send more requests. 

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.