Add div object

360hd's picture
360hd
Tue, 12/08/2015 - 10:38
Add div object

Hello,

It would be really cool to have a standard div in the object list.

I know you can add it using the html object, but that object don't have any settings. I would like to be able to put a div where I want and customize the background color/image/margin/padding/animation/whatever elements directly in the UI

It could be used to wrap several elements into one object and apply things like animation to that object instead of each element individually (as columns doesn't support animation).

Thank you

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Wed, 12/09/2015 - 05:57

Hi,

Thank you for your suggestion about our MD Awecontent. We will check and try to work with it. :)

360hd's picture
360hd
Wed, 12/16/2015 - 03:26

Hello,

After some days of testing, I would like to bring some addition to that feature request.

Adding a standard div container would resolve 2 problems :

• Have a real full width container
    Actually, even if you use the "fluid width" option of the section, you have some gutters when you put an element in it (slider for example). Adding a standard div object would resolve it as a div make 100% of the width by default.

• Animate a group of element
    Actually you cannot animate a group of elements as columns doesn't support animation. It would be a great addition to add a standard div object into a columns, then put all things you want into that div object (header, paragraph, images etc...) then, animate the div object instead of animate each element individually.

In fact, you already have the inner div of your columns as you use it to apply the margin that you define in the columns setting pannel (as you cannot apply margin directly on bootstrap columns). The problem is a UI problem : I would prefer to have a div object and manually drag and drop it into my column to apply margin, background, animation etc...

If you want an example of what I mean, look at webflow (wow, links are big)... I think it provide one of the nicest and powerful UI when dealing with bootstrap grid etc...

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.