About sections and containers

360hd's picture
360hd
Sun, 12/06/2015 - 04:02
About sections and containers

Hello,

First, congratulation for your awecontent module for drupal. It was a real missing feature to drupal compared to wordpress and his visual composer and you made awesome things.

But there is a thing I don't understand about your concept, it's about containers (full width and 1170)

With pratically all Bootstrap based layout builder, the first choice you need to do is to drop a will width section or a contained section. It's seems you cannot with your awecontent. I modified my .info file to add the awecontent things that unlock some options about that, but it apply on the whole node.

So my question, how can you create pages that altern between full width elements and contained elements. It's a standard today to create this kind of page.

Wouldn't it be simpler to add this setting on the section level ? (you edit the section, and you choose if it's a full width or a container section) ?

cindy's picture
cindy
Sun, 12/06/2015 - 23:44

Hi,

Thank you for your concern :)

Regarding your questions,

• Make container width 100%: when you check this option, the Page wrapper element is set width 100%;

#page-wrapper{ width: 100%}

( this setting is applied if your theme does not support bootstrap)

• Width 1170px: This is defaul value of bootstrap's class container. Class containter is available in Awecontent.

• When add a new section/configure a section, you can set default container (1170x) or set container fluid (class fluid of bootstrap will auto added) 

Image title

page--ac--node--1.tpl.php for a node, which is created with AWEContent

360hd's picture
360hd
Mon, 12/07/2015 - 08:07

Thank you for your reply

I didn't see the section configuration black bar because I was in 100% mode, and in that mode, the section configuration bar does not appears (is it wanted behavior ?)

When I setup my node to be in 1170px mode, I can see the section configuration bar and I can switch between fluid and non-fluid section.

However, if I put a slider to that fluid section, I can see the gutter to the left and the right, it's not a real full width section.

I think your editor need a second option for that, the "Full width section" option. Because : 

- We have the .container boostrap class that allow to contain your content, that's ok

- We have the .container-fluid class that allow to put your content in full width, but it still add the bootstrap columns gutter. You can fake a full width section by putting a background in it (background ignore padding gutter) but that's not a real full width element.

- We need this third option that would just add a kind of .container-full class, that would allow to put content in it in a real full width mode. Normally you can do it with just a simple div, but as you automatically put rows and columns when you create a section, you should alter some default bootstrap behaviors too to avoid the horizontal scrollbar due to the negative margin of bootstrap rows. It's doable by putting a class to the section and define some custom CSS, but as your UI is really cool to use, it would be great to have that option directly in it.

Regards,

Alex

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.