AweContent will not load page.

James Karger's picture
James Karger
Fri, 07/01/2016 - 13:15
AweContent will not load page.

Trying to edit my home page http://fitbodyshop.net/alpine/node/45/ and when I click on "Build Page with AweContent" it no longer loads the editor.  It just freezes.  Can you check this out (login information posted below)

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Fri, 07/01/2016 - 22:44

Hi,

We checked and could see your node/45 had problem. Best solution is creating new node (basic page) then click "Build Page with Awecontent" and choose "Homepage" as template. 

James Karger's picture
James Karger
Sat, 07/02/2016 - 05:10

I did that, I editted the full screen video page to make it my homepage and went through the huge hassle of recreating my entire home page again and now it won't open in AweContent either.  I am so dissapointed.  I was so happy and wanted to pay you to do some customization now the sites not working.

James Karger's picture
James Karger
Sat, 07/02/2016 - 05:13

I literally spent 3 hours recreating the home page and now it will not let me edit it once again.  PLEASE help me.  Now both node 45 and 53 do not open in Awecontent.

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Sat, 07/02/2016 - 05:32

We do not know how you worked with node 45 and node 53 but both of them have js errors. Our developer just create a new node: node/82 named Test. Please try to edit that page. 

Image title

James Karger's picture
James Karger
Sat, 07/02/2016 - 10:52

Is there any way I can pay your developer to just fix it?  It will do it again, I literally just took the full screen video page and changed the text and images and now it is frozen, if I go through the hassle of taking all my content and putting it in the new page you created it will do it again and I'll have wasted another 3 hours.  All I did was change the text, images, and some of the links from the original page.  I want to get this right so I can launch the website for my non-profit.

James Karger's picture
James Karger
Sat, 07/02/2016 - 14:36

Is there any way I can pay your developer to just fix it?  It will do it again, I literally just took the full screen video page and changed the text and images and now it is frozen, if I go through the hassle of taking all my content and putting it in the new page you created it will do it again and I'll have wasted another 3 hours.  All I did was change the text, images, and some of the links from the original page.  I want to get this right so I can launch the website for my non-profit.

James Karger's picture
James Karger
Sun, 07/03/2016 - 06:28

If it helps this is what is causing it to fail to load the Awecontent editor, it gets caught up with this error:

awecontent-column.js?v=1.0:1 Uncaught TypeError: AWEContent.jqIframe(...).resizable is not a function(anonymous function) @ awecontent-column.js?v=1.0:1

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Sun, 07/03/2016 - 22:39

If it is not problem, we would like to re-install theme in your site once again. Please check your site and confirm with us before we do any work. 

James Karger's picture
James Karger
Mon, 07/04/2016 - 00:18

Am I going to lose everything again?  I've spent a lot of time working with it and would rather fix it then start from scratch.  Like I said, I need to have some customizations done and will pay to get this perfect.

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Mon, 07/04/2016 - 00:25

So please provide us a detailed list of all requests. 

James Karger's picture
James Karger
Mon, 07/04/2016 - 00:54

This webpage is for a non-profit organization that will help pair drivers of high end cars to riders who deserve (for some reason such as illness, disability, etc.) a ride in a high end car.  The front page of the website (as you can see) tells the story of what it is.  We will have a webform for riders to fill out to request being added to a rider list (from which drivers can look through the riders and select ones that that would like to fulfill the ride).  We will have a webform for drivers to fill out that we will then use to do background checks then add them to the system as a driver.  Once added to the system the drivers can log in and mantain a profile that they can have pictures of their cars, a little about them, and a log of all of the rides they have given and possibly some type of simple scoring system so the drivers can "compete" against each other with how many rides they have given.  This profile will also give us a place to show the riders (or their parents) who the driver is and let them decide if it is what they want.  

With all that said, we need all of the pages to have a uniform feel, I have used the GMAP module along with the location module to make it where when a content type of BC Riders is added they are automatically added to a rider map.  I'd like this rider map to be themed like the gmap you have on the front page.  

What I would like to see is a landing page that the drivers will see when they go to the website that is basically a central hub for the drivers, showing them rider request (both on a map and in a list), a news area (where we can post information), the event calendar, etc.   

I think if you look at the front page of the site not logged in you can learn about what the service is, if you log in I've already created a driver map, rider map, and event calendar, they are just ugly and do not have a good feel, plus I'd like to have them laid out in a easy to read central page.

And of course I'd like the page to work again!  The Awecontent tool is nice but I can't risk having this type of issue with it over and over.  I've done some digging online and it looks like it's possibly a jquery issue with the ".resizable not a function" error continuing to repeat itself over and over not allowing the pre-loader on the Awecontent editor to load, but I do not know enough about the programming to understand or fix it.  I really didn't change much on the front page besides changing the wording and a few images, definitely shouldn't have been enough to cause a JS error.

James Karger's picture
James Karger
Mon, 07/04/2016 - 00:57

I will also at some point soon need a ecommerce system to accept donations and possibly sell t-shirts/hats/etc.

James Karger's picture
James Karger
Mon, 07/04/2016 - 01:26

It also looks like this problem I'm having is pretty common based on what I see over on the MD Awecontent support form.  This guy was having the exact same error it looks like

http://megadrupal.com/forum/module-support/md-awecontent/2813

James Karger's picture
James Karger
Mon, 07/04/2016 - 22:51

Any update?  I can't really work on my site until this is fixed.

cindy's picture
cindy
Mon, 07/04/2016 - 23:02

Hi, 

Firstly, thank your for your concern as well as putting your trust in our service. However, your request list includes quite a few tasks and it's not covenient for us to take this extra customization this time because we are now really busy with new projects. We do not want to retard your work, so we would like to inform you that we could not take your request. Of course, all support requests are still solved. 

Many thanks for your understanding

James Karger's picture
James Karger
Mon, 07/04/2016 - 23:13

Okay, I understand.  Can you please fix the issue that I've now had repeatably on my site where the Awecontent loader gets stuck in a loop and will not allow me to edit my home page?  I see that more than a few have had this problem with the Awecontent module and I am not comfortable with the "we have made a new page edit that one" as I have now done that multiple times and end up with this problem each time and waste a ton of my time in the process.

James Karger's picture
James Karger
Mon, 07/04/2016 - 23:24

This is the same error I've seen posted a few times concerning this module.

Image title

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Mon, 07/04/2016 - 23:37

Please check page /alpine/node/55/edit?destination=admin/content and give feedback to us.

James Karger's picture
James Karger
Mon, 07/04/2016 - 23:40

I don't use node/55, I first designed out node/45 then it broke then node/53 then it broke.  I am not going to keep designing the pages only to have them become locked then have to restart, especially knowing that you guys don't seem to know what is wrong with my pages.  I guess I just need to restart with another module that is supported?

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Mon, 07/04/2016 - 23:56

Sorry,

We do not know how you worked with node 45 and 53 however there are so many js errors. So the best way is create a new node, check each step of work carefully to find reason and fix. 

James Karger's picture
James Karger
Mon, 07/04/2016 - 23:58

Are you serious?  I literally just changed the text and images and now I get repeated JS errors and you won't fix it?  Unless someone was to need the exact Alpine webpage I'd imagine they would need at least change the TEXT and IMAGES?  That is what I've changed on that node and for the second time in a row it is broken?  Also, how am I am going to get back the full page video node or the full page image node that used to be node/45 and node/53?  I see others have had this same exact problem and you fixed, and now with mine you will not?  

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Tue, 07/05/2016 - 00:09

It is a problem of older version of Awecontent (as you can see version 1.1) and do not occur in latest version (version 1.3) any more. So we think there is any step when you worked caused error because all new bank nodes can be edited normally. If module has problem, you can not edit any node in your site. 

Also, at node/82, we can see you edited it but everything is still ok. 

James Karger's picture
James Karger
Tue, 07/05/2016 - 00:14

"It is a problem of older version of Awecontent (as you can see version 1.1) and do not occur in latest version (version 1.3) any more."

How can you say that when my page is giving me that exact error?  I'd say this problem does occur in 1.3 since I am having that error right this second.

James Karger's picture
James Karger
Tue, 07/05/2016 - 00:11

Sorry, I need every page on my website to work, not just the ones I haven't editted yet.  If you can't fix it can you point me to a developer who can?

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Tue, 07/05/2016 - 00:31

That solution is included in version 1.3 already.  Please tell us if you did any special work with node/45 and node/53 (example: HTML, script,...) . We would like to help you check each step if it is possible. 

James Karger's picture
James Karger
Tue, 07/05/2016 - 00:33

You can go look at the rendered version of node/53 (if you are logged out) and see what I had done.  All I did was change the images and text, none of the sections are changed in any way.

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Tue, 07/05/2016 - 00:49

We do not know why in admin mode, your site always redirects to another page and it seems to cause problem. Please fix it then notify us. 

Image title

James Karger's picture
James Karger
Tue, 07/05/2016 - 00:52

It is because I want logged in users to be displayed a different page then anonmous users.  If someone is not logged in I want them to see the full front page, if someone is logged in I want them to see a page for users.

I used the front page module and it appears you are correct, when I disabled that I seem to be able to edit the home page again.

Any ideas on a better way to get logged in users to redirect without having issues with your module?

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.