Theme settings problem

naskaom's picture
naskaom
Fri, 02/13/2015 - 13:01
Theme settings problem

Dear Megadrupal team,

My theme settings page did not load(white screen) due to an error indicating that lines 43 and 44 of the theme-settings.php which I commented out and settings file loaded but I cannot save the settings. I also have an error importing icons to icon module.

Best,
Naska

naskaom's picture
naskaom
Sat, 02/14/2015 - 05:54

I solved the issue of theme-settings not loading. It was because of the wysiwyg-plugins missing from media modules. Now settings file loads but it does not save anything. When I press save settings button I get white screen. I cannot find the error in error log.

Best,

Naska

naskaom's picture
naskaom
Sun, 02/15/2015 - 07:08

I'm still looking for a solution to solve the issue with settings file not saving. :(

naskaom's picture
naskaom
Sun, 02/15/2015 - 08:52

The error when I click on save configuration or reset configuration is: 

[15-Feb-2015 15:09:21 Asia/Baghdad] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function md_spring_validate_theme_settings() in /home/saptik/public_html/includes/form.inc on line 1513

Tue, 01/24/2017 - 17:45

I have the same problem, seems to be connected to an updated media module

Tue, 01/24/2017 - 17:55

I just commented these two lines in theme_settings.php:

#    $form['#validate'][] = 'md_spring_validate_theme_settings';
#    $form['#submit'][] = 'md_spring_save_settings_submit';

line 137 and 138. I don't know why this works.....

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Wed, 02/01/2017 - 21:45

Hi [email protected],

Please add your purchase code of Spring theme for support.

Thank you.

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Thu, 02/09/2017 - 03:59

Please go to your account page, add purchase code then send us your site admin account and FTP account by private comment. We will check and fix problem.

Thank you.

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Tue, 02/21/2017 - 04:21

Hi,

We checked FTP but could see only folder to_cindy. Can you please check again? We need your admin account also.

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Wed, 02/22/2017 - 21:18

Sorry,

We need your FTP account and site admin account to access your site, check code then fix problem, so please send us your site admin account and FTP account that allow us do that. Or you can send us your database and source code to our developer's email [email protected].

Thu, 02/23/2017 - 06:53

The user I sent you is an admin account. The installation is a plain Spring theme downloaded after purchase, and it stops working after the Media module is updated. If your supporter is unable to use FTP and SSH, he will probably not know how to unzip the database, so I can't see the purpose of sending a dump of a plain Spring theme to you. 

Since I am not even able to start using the theme, I would prefer that you corrected the md_spring_install_profile.zip in your download file. This install profile is from 2014, and has to be corrected to make this work. If you don't have access to your own files, I can send them to you.

If you are not able to do this, then I would prefer a refund, as the theme is broken out of the box, and it's almost 3 years old without updates.

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Fri, 02/24/2017 - 02:42

To fix problem with theme settings, please replace module media that you just updated with below version: https://www.drupal.org/project/media/releases/7.x-2.0-alpha3

Module media latest version do not compatible with Spring theme.

Fri, 02/24/2017 - 11:01

I have downgraded the module, and it still does not work. In fact other things stopped working, like edit content.

khoa's picture
khoa
Fri, 02/24/2017 - 20:28

Hi there,

Please send me your source code + database to [email protected]. I'll help you and send them back to you after finishing.

Thanks!

Tue, 02/28/2017 - 05:11

I got my email back with the text:

Message may contain a virus

Your message wasn't delivered to [email protected] because it may contain a virus. Learn how to check for, and prevent, viruses.

I don't think you need this file, as I only sent the md_spring_install_profile.zip, as this is what I have installed so far.

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Tue, 02/28/2017 - 21:51

Although you downgraded media module to alpha3, problem still exits so we would like to have a check your site. When we checked Spring theme on our site, it worked normally. We think you can create a dev site on your server and import your current site so we can check without affecting to current site. 

Wed, 03/01/2017 - 05:37

I don't think it is a good solution for the long to run with a module with alpha status. The theme is 2 1/2 years old, and it should be updated to work with the current media module. I hope this is possible.

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Wed, 03/01/2017 - 21:43

We are having a plan to update Spring theme to new version for Drupal 8 so maybe we will consider it later.

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.