Portfolio and Other Issues

noisygeorge's picture
noisygeorge
Wed, 04/08/2015 - 07:36
Portfolio and Other Issues

Hi,

I'm just getting the theme setup with some test content on my new site and I'm having some problems and questions I can't find answers to on the forum or documentation so far. Any help you can give would be appreciated.

1. None of the portfolio content is showing on the portfolio page

2. When modifying the Theme settings I've noticed the following error notice which I'm not sure how to resolve.

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in md_mdst_theme_settings_design() (line 1562 of /websites/123reg/LinuxPackage22/ge/or/ge/georgesykesaudio.co.uk/public_html/sites/all/themes/md_mdst/inc/admin/theme-settings-design.inc).

3. When accessing the Contact Form Page via the menu on the right hand side, the right hand section of the contact form gets cut off, as you can see in the screen shot below. This doesn't happen when going straight to the contact from from the bottom navigation.

Image title

4. Can you tell me how to change the "about" title on the Features Page and the "Address" title on the Contacts page.

My website url for you to take a look is www.georgesykesaudio.co.uk.

Thanks

cindy's picture
cindy
Fri, 04/10/2015 - 01:01

Hi,

1. Please enable clean url

2. Please download and update file theme in our forum (go to your account page and download http://megadrupal.com/user/noisygeorge) - you just need to update file theme

3. Contact form problem: After updating the theme

please open file Views-View--Contact.Tpl.Php In sites/all/themes/md_mdst/template/views/contact/views-view--contact.tpl.php

line 96: change

<div class="col-md-5 col-md-offset-2">

to:

<div class="col-md-5 col-md-offset-1">

4. To change "About" text in Feature page, please open file views-view--features.tpl.php in sites/all/themes/md_mdst/template/views/features/views-view--features.tpl.php, line 37 and change the text

To change "Address" text, please open file views-view--contact.tpl.php in sites/all/themes/md_mdst/template/views/contact/views-view--contact.tpl.php, line 65 and change the text

noisygeorge's picture
noisygeorge
Fri, 04/10/2015 - 05:20

Thanks for the help Cindy.

Everything has worked great apart from the Portfolio page. I have enabled clean url's, which now shows up the portfolio items, however when you click on one of the items, instead of loading the portfolio content a loop starts just duplicating the portfolio links. Any suggestions?

Thanks

cindy's picture
cindy
Fri, 04/10/2015 - 06:10

Hi,

In file views-view-fields--portfolio--page.tpl.php in sites/all/themes/md_mdst/template/views/portfolio/views-view-fields--portfolio--page.tpl.php, please edit line 28:

change:

<a href="<?php print url("node/".$row->nid);?>" data-nid="<?php print $row->nid;?>" class="hover-portfolio mosaic open-portfolio">

to:

<a href="<?php print url(base_url()."/?q=ajax_portfolio/".$row->nid."");?>" data-nid="<?php print $row->nid;?>" class="hover-portfolio mosaic open-portfolio">

noisygeorge's picture
noisygeorge
Fri, 04/10/2015 - 07:15

Thats great! The portfolio pages are opening up when you click them now.

A bug I have just noticed though is when you view portfolio pages in firefox, images or embeded videos, have a zoom animation which loops around every 5 seconds, as if reloading the multimedia. Is this anything you can help with.

Thanks

noisygeorge's picture
noisygeorge
Fri, 04/10/2015 - 11:50

I've also noticed the same issue in chrome now as well. Any help will be much appreciated.

Many thanks

noisygeorge's picture
noisygeorge
Sat, 04/11/2015 - 15:09

Actually, doing it in most browsers now. I'm at a loss as to how to solve it.

cindy's picture
cindy
Mon, 04/13/2015 - 00:18

Hi,

We check on both Chrome and Firefox, even IE also but see no error as you reported,

When we click on a single portfolio item (image or embeded video) then click to zoom the multimedia, it does show without and loop and reloading

It displays well

noisygeorge's picture
noisygeorge
Mon, 04/13/2015 - 04:03

Hi again,

Thanks for getting back to me, but it definitely does it in every version of firefox I've tested, also safari, and every mobile browser (chrome, android, safari, dolphin). There is a glitch somewhere, I've uploaded a video so you can see what I mean. I would appreciate some help resolving this problem, as the portfolio section is the whole reason I bought this theme. 

Thanks

xy's picture
xy
Mon, 04/13/2015 - 07:18

Hi, I have a problem with my theme. When I choose the skin nothing happens, although I've changed the "custom options" the font and icons appears in blue. Could you help me to fix this problem?

Thanks.

cindy's picture
cindy
Tue, 04/14/2015 - 00:47

Hi Noisygeorge, 

This is what we test on laptop and PC: 

Also, on MAC, no problem:

However, there is problem in mobile devices. We are working on it and will feedback to you soon

@Xy, please send us your site url and admin account as well as FTP account to [email protected] (alsp this forum link and a brief of your problem) 

We will check and fix your issue

noisygeorge's picture
noisygeorge
Tue, 04/14/2015 - 05:04

Hi Cindy,

Your video isn't working for me to see, but I have tested it myself on multple computers, both mac and pc, and chrome seems to be the only browser that doesn't have any issues.  I have also just done a fresh install of the theme, on a drupal site installed locally on my machine and the issue occurs with the demo content. It may well be related to the mobile issue, as the same things happens on all mobile browsers I have tried, so I will wait to hear back on what you find for that.

Thanks again.

noisygeorge's picture
noisygeorge
Tue, 04/14/2015 - 16:08

I had a look into the issue and it seems to come from the owl carousel plug in. When a carousel has only one image or video contained in it, it still runs the animation as if transitioning to the next image in a loop. I have temporarily stopped the issue by editing the main.js file around line 460 to change the autoplay option to false. This stops the transition loop but is only a temporary fix as it basically disables the option of having a slide show of images.  Anyway, thought I would let you know, but will wait for any further progress from you now. Thanks. 

cindy's picture
cindy
Mon, 04/20/2015 - 04:55

Hi Noisygeorge,

Would you mind sending us your admin account and FTP account to [email protected] (also this forum link)

We will check this 

noisygeorge's picture
noisygeorge
Tue, 04/21/2015 - 03:46

Thanks Cindy, I emailed over the details yesterday. One last thing I have noticed is that, on smaller screens, you can't scroll the text section on the left of individual portfolio pages. If you get chance to look at that also that would be great!

Thanks again

cindy's picture
cindy
Tue, 04/21/2015 - 05:26

Hi,

Don't know why but now we check on both computer and mobile devices, there is no problems as you report

This is on computer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtQsZZDwzpM

About the above report (on smaller screens, you can't scroll the text section on the left of individual portfolio pages) we check on mobile but still scroll down as usual

noisygeorge's picture
noisygeorge
Tue, 04/21/2015 - 08:44

Hello,

As I mentioned I changed the main.js to stop autoplay on portfolio images, as you can see below on line 461.

},
                initCarousel: function() {
                    var owl = $('#portfolio-images');
                    owl.owlCarousel({
                        transitionStyle: 'fadeUp',
                        slideSpeed: 600,
                        paginationSpeed: 400,
                        singleItem: true,
                        navigation: true,
                        responsive: true,
                        autoPlay: false,
                        navigationText: ['<i class="fa fa-angle-left"></i>', '<i class="fa fa-angle-right"></i>'],
                        afterInit: function() {
                            var that = this;
                            that.owlControls.prependTo($(".controls"));
                        },
                        afterAction: function() {
                            $('#portfolio-images .owl-item img').each(function(i, el) {
                                $(el).css('margin-left', -(el.offsetWidth / 2)).css('margin-top', -(el.offsetHeight / 2));
                            });
                        }

This stops the looping animation of single portfolio images, but disables the ability to have an autoplay slide show on the portfolio pages. I have changed this back for now, and the animation loop is now visible again on the website. I've taken a new video to show you again what I mean. 

With regards to the scrolling here is a video of what I mean with this.

On your demo of the MDST theme it is possible to scroll the text on the left hand panel, but this doesnt seem to work on my drupal site.

Thanks again

cindy's picture
cindy
Thu, 05/07/2015 - 04:43

Hi,

We fixed the problems. Please check 

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.