Menu Issues & other CSS issues.

Larry's picture
Larry
Mon, 03/04/2013 - 17:53
Menu Issues & other CSS issues.

The theme doesn't seem to be browser compatible.

- Having issues with the menu, it resizes differently on different browsers.
- CSS doesn't seem to work right. ul / ol / lists and margins / padding / spacing don't seem to work in Firefox.
- The theme works fine in Chrome, but Firefox and Internet Explorer, those two just don't seem to display the theme correctly.
- The logo on the front page displays incorrectly, while the logo on every other page shows fine. (Text based logo, not image)

You can verify all this at www.lawrencewright.co

If you cannot verify the issues when visiting the page, check in another browser or check back again later. Clearing the cache temporarily fixes the issue for the menu, but not for anything else, not the list items even.

Note: I did add custom code in the theme's custom code section, but I've tested this with and without the code, I get the same results.

Note: The theme should be cache compatible. The issues for the menu only occur when cache is enabled.

Note: Whether cache is enabled or not, list items (ul and ol) still don't have proper margins or spacing from the left.

Version: Latest.
Additional Notes: The theme was tested with and without modifications. The issues have been occuring since the theme was installed. The theme was installed with the installation profile.

Modules In use that may be of interest.
- Advanced CSS/JS Aggregation - (tested with and without, occurs for both)
- Captcha-free - I don't think this would be the issue.
- Global Redirect - Haven't tested with it disabled, but I'm sure this can't be the cause.
- Boost - Just the basic boost module, no extras. This module is necessary, it's used by many Drupal websites. If I disable this, the issue goes away, but the issue comes back even with Drupal's core caching. The theme must be cache compatible.
- ShareThis & Google Analytics Modules - I'm sure these modules don't do anything to the theme.

And just to reiterate, the CSS for list items still display incorrectly with cache disabled in Firefox and Internet Explorer. The theme displays fine in Google Chrome. I'm using the latest version of Firefox, and Internet Explorer version 9.0.13.

Thanks, looking forward to an update that will resolve these issues.

Larry's picture
Larry
Mon, 03/04/2013 - 17:54

The text editor doesn't seem to be working right so my post isn't correctly formatted.

Neo's picture
Neo
Mon, 03/04/2013 - 22:17

I try to install md thenews theme from install profile, add custom CSS code (copy from your site), enable modules: 

• Advanced CSS/JS Aggregation: drupal.org/project/advagg (this module show error and does not seem to work)
  • Captcha-free: drupal.org/project/captcha-free
  • Global Redirect: drupal.org/project/globalredirect
  • Boost: drupal.org/project/boost
  • ShareThis: drupal.org/project/sharethis
  • Google Analytics: drupal.org/project/google_analytics

the theme works well in Firefox (latest version), Chrome and Ie 7,8,9,10.

Can you send me your admin account to [email protected], I'll login and check it

Larry's picture
Larry
Sat, 03/09/2013 - 08:46

Hey there Neo,

I don't really wish to provide an admin login as I have data only authenticated users may access.

If it helps, all the issues I describe above are present in the demo version.

http://demo.megadrupal.com/d7/md-thenews/node/1

It affects the latest version of Firefox as well.

Neo's picture
Neo
Sat, 03/09/2013 - 10:13

I'm using FireFox 19.0.2 (latest) & I saw demo link fine, but your site is not.

Try to insert to custom CSS (in theme settings) this:

@font-face {
font-family: 'GnuolaneFreeRegular';
src: url('/sites/all/themes/md_thenews/css/gnuolane_free-webfont.eot');
src: url('/sites/all/themes/md_thenews/css/gnuolane_free-webfont.eot?#iefix') format('embedded-opentype'),
url('/sites/all/themes/md_thenews/css/gnuolane_free-webfont.woff') format('woff'),
url('/sites/all/themes/md_thenews/css/gnuolane_free-webfont.ttf') format('truetype'),
url('/sites/all/themes/md_thenews/css/gnuolane_free-webfont.svg#GnuolaneFreeRegular') format('svg');
font-weight: normal;
font-style: normal;
}

Larry's picture
Larry
Tue, 03/12/2013 - 03:27

Hey there Neo,

I've added the code you've told me to. Would you be able to verify it's working on your end for Internet Explorer? It looks like it's fixed with Firefox.

- www.lawrencewright.co

Thanks for the help. Great theme!

Also, if possible couldyou add an option to have a fixed width? Even better, only do the fluid width for mobile devices,. That would be great!

Thanks again.

Neo's picture
Neo
Tue, 03/12/2013 - 03:53

Yes, it's working now. I checked with IE 7, 8, 9, 10, all are good.

It's hard to have fluid with for mobile devices only, because there're many mobile, tablet devices, they have many resolution that we don't know all. If you want fluid for some specific device, I think I can help.

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.