Limit the number of portfolio items to be displayed

parapa's picture
parapa
Tue, 12/08/2015 - 05:44
Limit the number of portfolio items to be displayed

The number of items in my portfolio is very high when no filter is applied ("all") while it is resonable when filtes are applied. Can I limit just the number of portfolio items to be displayed in "all"?

Thanks!

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Wed, 12/09/2015 - 05:34

Hi,

Please go to /admin/structure/views, there are views of portfolio. For example: Max Portfolio - Col4 in home page (admin/structure/views/view/max_portfolio_col4/edit)

In "Pager" > "User pager" edit number of displayed items.

parapa's picture
parapa
Thu, 12/10/2015 - 03:14

I know about this option but if I limit the number of items it also affects the number of items that are displayed after applying a filter. In contrast, I would like to limit just the number of items displeyed under "all".

As an alternative. Is it possible that some of the items are not shown under "all" while they appear under "branding", "illustration" or any other category? Is it possible to remove the category "all"?

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Thu, 12/10/2015 - 03:45

So we can give instruction to remove category "All":

Please go to file views-view-list--max-portfolio-filter.tpl.php in md_max\templates\views\portfolio, delete line 15. Then go to views of portfolio, (for ex: portfolio in home page is at admin/structure/views/view/max_portfolio_col4/edit) and set number of displayed items to all. 

parapa's picture
parapa
Fri, 12/11/2015 - 10:12

OK I managed to remove "all" but it only removed the button. The page still loads by displaying each and every portfolio item.

cindy's picture
cindy
Sat, 12/12/2015 - 05:49

Hi,

Please check your email

Open file scripts.js in folder js and add the following code into line 286:

var selected = $('#portfolio-filter .active a').attr('data-filter');
$('#portfolio-container').isotope({ filter: selected });

Then download the attached file in the email and replace file views-view-list--max-portfolio-filter.tpl.php in md_max\templates\views\portfolio

If your problem is not solved, please feedback us and give us your site url, admin account and FTP account. We will check for you

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Sun, 12/13/2015 - 21:53

We fixed already. Please check your site.

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.