Webform validation errors

unold's picture
unold
Tue, 04/26/2016 - 07:55
Webform validation errors

I have a webform, that validates some of the fields. Name, email, phone is required and so on.
If it does not pass validation, the user does not see any errormessage until the entire page is reloaded.

The fields with errors are not "marked" either, so the user has absolutely no clue if the form does not pass validation!

I need the error messages to show after the submit button is clicked?

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Wed, 04/27/2016 - 00:46

Hi,

Please go to webform and check REQUIRED for fields.

unold's picture
unold
Wed, 04/27/2016 - 03:17

The validation works, it is the error message that is delayed by 1 page refresh. So if I forget to fill out my name (a required field) and hit "Submit" the page is refreshed. No error message, I just get to the top of the page. If I hit F5 - refreshing the page again, the error messeage appears! 

Now I installed the Inline Form errors module, and some of the messages are now shown in the fields of the form. But the user is still directed to the top of the page when submitting the form, if required fields is not filled out. The user having to scroll down to find out that the form did not validate.. 

Hope this makes sense? 

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Thu, 04/28/2016 - 23:38

Just went to your site and check webform. Your email field seems to use default required of webform, so please try to set other fields similar to it. 

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.