Changing Background

djadhav's picture
djadhav
Sun, 12/06/2015 - 14:39
Changing Background

Greetings,

I am trying to adopt the make theme for a prototype site.  I am trying to understand how to change the background on certain blocks especially the "Text Rotater" block.  Any pointers to help make those changes would be appreciated.

Thank you.

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Sun, 12/06/2015 - 22:23

Hi,

Please go to /block/header--text-rotator/edit?destination=admin/content/blocks, you could change background in "Background image" section. 

djadhav's picture
djadhav
Mon, 12/07/2015 - 00:16

Thanks for your suggestion, but it doesn't work.  I changed the background image of the block from bg_3 to a uploaded blue colored image, but the layout still shows the content with black background.  Also, I don't want to use image, but work with color, so that it auto-adjusts with any change in screen size.

cindy's picture
cindy
Sun, 12/06/2015 - 23:04

Hi,

We have "Text Rotator" Onepage, which "Text Rotater" block are you mentioning?

To change the backgournd of any section, please edit the page with AWEContent, hover over the seaction, click on the pen button and you can see the background setting option

You can take a look at AWEContent Doc for more detail

Image title

djadhav's picture
djadhav
Mon, 12/07/2015 - 00:38

I intend to change the Header Block: Text Rotator.  I want to keep the background color consistent with the client's corporate color.

Thank you.

Image title

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Mon, 12/07/2015 - 02:32

So could you send us your site url and admin account? We would like to have a check to find what problem is. 

Please remember to check "Private message" for security reason :)

djadhav's picture
djadhav
Mon, 12/07/2015 - 22:43

Unfortunately I am working from a local instance.  Is there any other way I can share my environment.  Thank you.

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Mon, 12/07/2015 - 23:08

We just find a solution, please try with it.

Because there is an overlay in header so it seems like the layout shows the content with black background when you change background image.

You can remove overlay for "Text Rotator" by below instruction:

- go to /admin/appearance/settings/md_make, "Custom Code" 

- in "custom CSS Code", please insert:

#block-bean-header-text-rotator .section-overlay.overlay-9, #block-bean-header-text-rotator .section-overlay {
background: transparent!important;
}

Then change to your colored background and it will be like this:

Image title

djadhav's picture
djadhav
Tue, 12/08/2015 - 12:17

Applause and whistles ... The solution works!

Thank you.

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.