Several Issues

binarycpu's picture
binarycpu
Wed, 10/29/2014 - 11:25
Several Issues

I was originally attempting to install this as a stand alone theme on an already working drupal site. After an hour of messing around with it, I've concluded that either 1) my current site is causing issues with the theme, or 2) the theme just doesn't want to work. I would set the logo in the theme settings, but it ignored the logo I chose completely, instead defaulting to the logo in the previous theme I used. The previous theme doesn't exist on the site anymore, nor any support modules, etc.

Having assumed that perhaps it WAS the current site I was using, I tried a clean install using the install profile. That didn't exactly produce wonderful results either.

The homepage looks correct. If I go to administer the theme, I get a blank white screen. (remember, this is using the install profile) The log file says: "PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function media_include_browser_js() in /var/www/html/sites/all/themes/md_leaders/theme-settings.php on line 44"

I assumed this was because the jquery_update wasn't set to 1.8 (which I found out is the only version that seems to work with this theme from previous attempts at a stand alone install, might want to update the documents?). Turns out it's set to 1.8 already, but I get a bunch of new errors:

Warning: include_once(sites/all/modules/contrib/theme_setting/media/wysiwyg_plugins/media.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in include_once() (line 43 of /var/www/html/sites/all/themes/md_leaders/theme-settings.php).
Warning: include_once(): Failed opening 'sites/all/modules/contrib/theme_setting/media/wysiwyg_plugins/media.inc' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php') in include_once() (line 43 of /var/www/html/sites/all/themes/md_leaders/theme-settings.php).
Warning: include_once(sites/all/modules/contrib/theme_setting/media/wysiwyg_plugins/media.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in include_once() (line 43 of /var/www/html/sites/all/themes/md_leaders/theme-settings.php).
Warning: include_once(): Failed opening 'sites/all/modules/contrib/theme_setting/media/wysiwyg_plugins/media.inc' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php') in include_once() (line 43 of /var/www/html/sites/all/themes/md_leaders/theme-settings.php).

-------------------------

So.... I can't use it stand alone on my current site. The install profile fails miserably. please tell me you know about this issue and I'm missing something stupid. I've been using drupal for over 5 years, I'm not new to drupal or installing themes (or creating them for that matter). I really hope this is a simple oversight.

binarycpu's picture
binarycpu
Wed, 10/29/2014 - 13:07

It appears you are missing /modules/contrib/themes_settings/media/wysiqyg_plugins/* from your install profile....

binarycpu's picture
binarycpu
Wed, 10/29/2014 - 13:09

After manually installing the missing content from the manual install files, I now get this when trying to do anything with media. For an install profile, this seems extremely incomplete at best.

PHP message: PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare media_file_default_displays_alter() (previously declared in /var/www/html/sites/all/modules/contrib/theme_setting/media/media.module:1058) in /var/www/html/sites/all/modules/contrib/theme_setting/media/media.file_default_displays.inc on line 56

binarycpu's picture
binarycpu
Wed, 10/29/2014 - 13:14

After fixing the redeclared function (commented it out), I am able to use media functions again, but now the theme won't display my custom logo.

Please..... Tell me I didn't just waste my money on a half functioning theme. Support would be nice.

cindy's picture
cindy
Wed, 10/29/2014 - 22:43

Hi,
Thank you for your feedback
Which version of Media module are you using?

Adrian's picture
Adrian
Wed, 10/29/2014 - 23:08

Comment moved

binarycpu's picture
binarycpu
Fri, 10/31/2014 - 10:51

Hello Cindy,

Sorry for the late response. When using the install profile, whatever version is bundled with the install profile. When using the stand alone theme, the latest version of any and all modules. When I DO use the install profile, it fails to install /modules/contrib/themes_settings/media/wysiqyg_plugins, but I am able to find these files in the manual install zip and copy them over. When I do so, I then get the error that the media function is already declared, so commenting that out then resolves that issue. The only problem I'm left with now is when I specify a custom logo, it uploads, I'm able to assign alt text / title text, but then no logo actually shows. The only way I've been able to fix this is to literally delete the default logo and replace it, and tell the theme to use the default logo.

Some insight would be helpful.

Kind Regards

cindy's picture
cindy
Sun, 11/02/2014 - 22:44

Hi Binarycpu,
Please check you email

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.