Editing Links

sioux's picture
sioux
Thu, 10/29/2015 - 10:09
Editing Links

The contextual links to edit pages and blocks are either missing or covered by other elements and not easily acessed. This makes is more difficult for staff to manage the content in the site. Also, when viewing the pages, the shortcuts menu is missing, unless you are on an admin page.

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Fri, 10/30/2015 - 06:52

Hi,

Could you send us your site url and admin account? We would like to check problem on your site. 

Please remember to check "Private message" for security reason.

sioux's picture
sioux
Fri, 10/30/2015 - 12:05

These are the issues I have found so far:

There are no editing links on the room pages, one must go to content, and click the edit tab, in order to update room information.

Added a text block to the home page, above the rooms home block, and the contextual links overlap, so that only the rooms home block can be edited.

Contact (webform), only results and track tabs can be selected. View, Edit and Webform  tabs can not be selected.

sioux's picture
sioux
Fri, 10/30/2015 - 16:59

And the shortcut links. These are missing when editing on any content page, but return when on an admin page, like user, blocks or views.

FYI- I did 2 installs of this theme- first is just for reference, and the second that I am modifying to use with our own custom room booking module. The shortcuts are missing on content pages in both sites.

efeflash's picture
efeflash
Thu, 11/05/2015 - 12:12

Was this resolved please? I also can not see the view and edit tabs...

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Thu, 11/05/2015 - 23:24

Hi there,

- Please help us go to sites\all\themes\md_flawleshotel\css\front, open file md_flawfeshotel.css then add the following code:

.md-accomodation .grid-4 article{ min-height: 420px}
.box-heading{ overflow: hidden; }

- About tab problem:

open file page.tpl.php (md_flawleshotel\templates\page)
line 145, after "else", insert: 

<?php if ($tabs): ?><div class="tabs"><?php print render($tabs); ?></div><?php endif; ?>

- Shortcut links:

We do not understand clearly, could you explain more? Some screenshots are good too.

sioux's picture
sioux
Wed, 11/11/2015 - 18:10

Re; Tab problem, the line was already in the template file, but if I add it again where you indicated, I do get a 2nd rows of edit tabs on some pages, but most importantly, staff can directly edit the room pages, so thank you.

Re: Missing Shortcuts - They are not available on Flawless, but can be seen on admin theme.

missing shortcuts

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Fri, 11/13/2015 - 02:52

- Missing shortcuts: 

Open file template.php (sites\all\themes\md_flawleshotel), line 79

replace

if ($element['#original_link']['menu_name'] == 'main-menu') {

with

if ($element['#original_link']['menu_name'] == 'main-menu' || $element['#original_link']['menu_name'] == 'shortcut-set-1' ) {

save and clear cache.

- View load more:

We think maybe there are some js errors. 

Please try to uninstall module  jquery update then go to https://www.drupal.org/project/jquery_update to download new file, extract, paste into all/modules/jquery_update and re-active. 

Settings as below image:

Image title

If it still does not work, please send us site url, admin account  and FTP account so we can check problem for you.

sioux's picture
sioux
Fri, 11/13/2015 - 10:11

Thank you!- Missing shortcuts are back! I also figured out, (after replacing jquery), that the problem with the Views Load More started when I changed the Views page name from 'news-deal' to 'news-and-more'. I have reverted the Views page back to 'news-deal', and the pager is working. Please let me know what I need to do, so I can customize the page name and still keep Views Load More working. Thanks for your awesome and fast support!

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Fri, 11/13/2015 - 22:11

Please open file template.php, line 126

in function md_flawleshotel_js_alter(&$js) {

detele

if (arg( 0 ) == 'news-deal') {
drupal_add_js("{$path_theme}/js/view_load/views_load_more.js");
}

and below that function alter js, insert following funtion:

function md_flawleshotel_preprocess_views_view(&$vars) {
$view = $vars['view'];
$path_theme = drupal_get_path('theme', 'md_flawleshotel');
if ($view->query->pager->plugin_name == 'load_more') {
drupal_add_js("{$path_theme}/js/view_load/views_load_more.js");
}
}

save and clear cache.

Then, please try to customize page name and check if view load more works normally.

sioux's picture
sioux
Fri, 11/13/2015 - 22:36

Yes, that update worked once I cleared the cache- thank you very much!

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Wed, 12/02/2015 - 23:50

So could you send us your site url, admin account and FTP account?

It seems to work well on our site so it is very difficult for us to find exactly what reason is. 

cindy's picture
cindy
Thu, 12/03/2015 - 03:57

Hi,

Please open your website with Chrome or Firefox then check with webdeveloper tool if there is any js error

Please take and send us some screenshots of JS error

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Fri, 12/04/2015 - 05:40

Sioux,

Fixed already. Check your site please.

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.