Importing Brilliant theme to my existing website

vishy_singhal's picture
vishy_singhal
Wed, 08/08/2018 - 03:25
Importing Brilliant theme to my existing website

I am looking to import the same design and theme to my existing web site. Can you please help me with the steps/details

cindy's picture
cindy
Thu, 08/09/2018 - 03:00

Hi,

You can install profile, just follow our docs or you can send us your cPanel then we will help you

vishy_singhal's picture
vishy_singhal
Fri, 08/17/2018 - 08:41

Unfortunately, I have not been able to import the same properly. Can you please help me with the doc that you are refering to.

cindy's picture
cindy
Fri, 08/17/2018 - 22:06

Hello,

Please send us your cpanel and site url, we will help you to install the theme

vishy_singhal's picture
vishy_singhal
Mon, 08/20/2018 - 01:55

We are not using cpanel, we are doing it on the website directly.  Please share your email id and I shall send you the details.

cindy's picture
cindy
Mon, 08/20/2018 - 22:11

Hello,

Please follow this video to install the theme, it is similar  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcvQvTaVKhs

vishy_singhal's picture
vishy_singhal
Tue, 09/04/2018 - 00:33

We know how to install. We are having issues migrating the theme to our existing portal. We need instructions for that. We are currently using commerce kickstart and we want to replace their theme with yours. 

We have a lot of data because of which we cannot share our credentials. If you wish, we could do a team viewer session sometime. 

cindy's picture
cindy
Tue, 09/04/2018 - 04:30

Hello,

1. Install module Features: https://www.drupal.org/project/features
2. Install module brilliant_features-7.x-1.0.tar in folder Manual install
3. Install md_brilliant theme.
Then continue to config the theme

Note:
   + Backup data + source before making any changes. 
   + If you install manually, you will have to modify a lot. You will not get demo data instantly after manual install. 

cindy's picture
cindy
Mon, 09/17/2018 - 22:32

Hello

To save time, you install module feature which is included in the theme. Then, there will be some content types, views.....
After that, you have to modify a alot to make the theme fit your site

This is only suitable for Drupal experts who have excellent Drupal skills

vishy_singhal's picture
vishy_singhal
Thu, 09/20/2018 - 01:10

Cindy, we do have a drupal expert inhouse. We just want to be sure about importing into the existing website. If you could ask any drupal expert at your end to help with the steps, we could execute it.

cindy's picture
cindy
Thu, 09/20/2018 - 03:37

We still highly recommend you to install profile for convenience

However, if you still want to install manually, we won't not provide any free support for manual config 

vishy_singhal's picture
vishy_singhal
Tue, 09/25/2018 - 06:32

What next? How can I solve this? I brought the theme with the fact that I could easily migrate it onto my existing website. I cannot share the credentials of the existing website due to a lot of sensitive data. 

cindy's picture
cindy
Tue, 09/25/2018 - 22:11

Hello

If you install profile, you will get demo data which is easy to work with 

Manual installing requires a lot of extra work to customize and modify code because your site code and content type are different from ours

This happens not only with our theme in particular but also other Drupal themes in general. If you purchase any other theme from other author and install manually, you also have to configure a lot 

You said that you have Drupal expert, so you can ask him to configure for you

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.