2 Map issues - safari and the marker location

jsant's picture
jsant
Sun, 10/12/2014 - 14:24
2 Map issues - safari and the marker location

I've found 2 issues with the Contact Us map:

1- On MacOSX Safar 7.0.5, the "Contact Us" Map blows out of it's circle. You can see it in your demo site (I'm unable to upload a screenshot here)
http://demo.megadrupal.com/?theme=birva

2- The "bottom point" of the marker on the map doesn't stay centered on the lat/long location that is specified. It seems that the round top of the marker (or maybe the circle) is hte part that stays locked on the location.

If you zoom far out of the map of the demo site, you'll see that the point of the marker will eventually point to the ocean. Then if you zoom in, it centers around Manhattan. I'd expect the point/tip of the marker to stay pointing at the spot you defined the lat/long for.

cindy's picture
cindy
Mon, 10/13/2014 - 05:05

Hi,
1- This CSS properties does not support for Safari. So the map cannot be Circle when viewing on Safari.

2- To make the bottom point at the center of the map, please increase the width and height CSS properties of the wrapper map HTML. You can find the CSS code in style.css file(md_birva/css/frontend/style.css). Go to line number 3170 and increase the width & height.

jsant's picture
jsant
Fri, 10/31/2014 - 05:55

Hi Cindy-
Adjusting the width/height of the 'map' element in the CSS file doesn't seem to affect where the pointer is pointing. It adjusts the size/shape of the map itself. Changing the "width" to 400 makes the map an oval, but keeps the marker pointing at the same spot. Do you have another suggestion?

Thanks

hippolyte78's picture
hippolyte78
Tue, 08/02/2016 - 15:39

Hello,

It sounds that the same problem (Map blows out of its circle) occurs now in Chrome for a few weeks. Do you have any suggestion to fix it?

Thanks for your answer.

khoa's picture
khoa
Wed, 08/03/2016 - 01:20

Hi Hippolyte,

Please open style.css file, go to line 3182 and add this code

z-index: 0;

into

.googlemap { .... }

Thanks!

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.