Problems adding team and portfolio

kmbuthia's picture
kmbuthia
Mon, 02/08/2016 - 04:19
Problems adding team and portfolio

I've added some more team members but when I click on anyone past the third member it shows the wrong information. Please assist

kmbuthia's picture
kmbuthia
Mon, 02/08/2016 - 15:54

Your theme has a lot of serious issues. Adding porfolio items is also not working well. I can't create paragraphs and get an error when trying to attach media files. Error says "Fatal error: Call to undefined function media_access() in/home/henga/public_html/allwebsites/client/villgrotwo/sites/all/modules/media_youtube/includes/MediaYouTubeBrowser.inc on line 19"

khoa's picture
khoa
Mon, 02/08/2016 - 19:59

Hello,

1. I've added some more team members but when I click on anyone past the third member it shows the wrong information. Please assist

=> Please go to : admin/structure/views/view/team/edit/block?destination=node, focus on the middle column, you will see PAGER section. Click on "3 items" link then input the number of member that you want to display.

2. Your theme has a lot of serious issues. Adding porfolio items is also not working well. I can't create paragraphs and get an error when trying to attach media files.

=> Please send me your Website account. I need to check your website.

Thanks!

kmbuthia's picture
kmbuthia
Tue, 02/09/2016 - 00:49

Thank you for your reply, that solution worked. The portfolio section has several issues though which are:

1. When I create paragraphs they don't appear on the front end. It just shows as continuous prose.

2. When I try to attach media I get the error I sent you above

3. When I try add a fresh/new portfolio item, it just shows blank on the front end side

My website details are:

Link: villgrotwo.hengasystems.com/user

Username: admin

Password: villgro@2015#!

Please assist asap. It is urgent.

kmbuthia's picture
kmbuthia
Tue, 02/09/2016 - 01:04

P.S. I also had to comment out the "Learn more" button for portfolio because I could not find a place where I could set the link for it with each portfolio item. This one is not so important for me. What is important is being able to create paragraphs, add new portfolio items and attach media. I can't do these at the moment.

kmbuthia's picture
kmbuthia
Tue, 02/09/2016 - 01:53

Ok now I've tested all parts of the theme that are relevant to me right now and the last thing I have found is the blog image gets cropped. Take a look at:

http://villgrotwo.hengasystems.com/node/64

When viewing in the blog list it appears fine though. Please help.

khoa's picture
khoa
Tue, 02/09/2016 - 03:30

Hello,

1. Your theme has a lot of serious issues. Adding porfolio items is also not working well. I can't create paragraphs and get an error when trying to attach media files.

=> I have updated Media Youtube module. And I also created a new portfolio item for testing and there's no error anymore. Please check it and let me know the result.

2. P.S. I also had to comment out the "Learn more" button for portfolio because I could not find a place where I could set the link for it with each portfolio item. This one is not so important for me. What is important is being able to create paragraphs, add new portfolio items and attach media. I can't do these at the moment.

=> I created a field named "LINK" in the PORTFOLIO content type. You can input the link/url in this field. And the LEARN MORE button will redirect to the link that you input when clicking on button.

3. Ok now I've tested all parts of the theme that are relevant to me right now and the last thing I have found is the blog image gets cropped

=> I fixed that issue.

Thanks!

kmbuthia's picture
kmbuthia
Tue, 02/09/2016 - 04:38

First of all thank you so much for your quick reply and fixes. You have really saved me.

The only thing I can see that is left is the portfolio description still won't show paragraphs. It just shows one big paragraph. How can I separate the text into paragraphs?

Kind regards,

khoa's picture
khoa
Tue, 02/09/2016 - 05:02

Hello,

The only thing I can see that is left is the portfolio description still won't show paragraphs. It just shows one big paragraph. How can I separate the text into paragraphs?

=> Can you please take a screenshot? I am still not clear with that issue. You can take screenshot from our demo.

Thank you!

kmbuthia's picture
kmbuthia
Tue, 02/09/2016 - 05:13

Image title

Here is a screenshot. Notice the text is just one long paragraph. I would like to have line breaks (<br/>) but whenever I add <br/> tags they don't show on the front end. It just appears as one long paragraph...

kmbuthia's picture
kmbuthia
Tue, 02/09/2016 - 05:48

Image title

I woud like the text to look like this (above). Notice how some things are in bold and the text is broken into paragraphs.  Basically in portfolio description, I can't use html tags. They do not show on the front end after you save.

kmbuthia's picture
kmbuthia
Tue, 02/16/2016 - 10:45

Hi again,

Seems I have the same problem saving new team members...I can't save images into the description yet I was able to for the first three that came with the theme. With a new team member, some of the changes I make won't save. Please assist.

kmbuthia's picture
kmbuthia
Tue, 02/16/2016 - 10:56

Here is a screenshot to help explain. When editing some of the team, I can add images, but I can't add an image on the team members that I created myself, only on the ones that came with the theme. The one on the left is what I want:

Image title

Image title

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Tue, 02/16/2016 - 21:59

Could you send us your site url and admin account by private comment?

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Wed, 02/17/2016 - 04:31

Could you tell us if you customise any code of section "TEAM"? We checked and could see it is different from our demo. Maybe some error occur so we would like to recommend you backup all database and source code then send to us. 

In case it is inconvenient for you, we can work directly in your live site but you need to backup too. 

kmbuthia's picture
kmbuthia
Wed, 02/17/2016 - 04:39

I haven't customized anything in the code for the team section. All I've done is used css to remove the team nav section. I have removed the css to return it to the way it was but I have not touched any code in the team section.

P.S. I had a similar problem with adding new portfolio items and adding things like paragraphs to a portfolio item but your team was able to fix it. I don't know how it was fixed but I suspect its the same problem as what I had before when adding portfolio items

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Wed, 02/17/2016 - 05:58

So please send us your database and source code or we will work directly in live site if you would like.

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Wed, 02/17/2016 - 22:58

Check site please. We have done all works.

kmbuthia's picture
kmbuthia
Thu, 02/18/2016 - 01:17

Thank you very much. I appreciate it.

kmbuthia's picture
kmbuthia
Thu, 04/07/2016 - 05:57

Hello again,

I am having a similar problem in the blog section. When I create bullets using the rich text editor, they don't appear once I publish the blog post. There also seems to be a problem with displaying paragraphs, the text is entering the sidebar. Here is a screenshot:

Image title

Please assist.

Regards,

kmbuthia's picture
kmbuthia
Thu, 04/07/2016 - 06:47

P.S. I have also created a new block called 'Call for mentors' that has an image in it but when I publish the block the image won't show

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Sat, 04/09/2016 - 03:12

Sorry,

We can not access your site. Could you check?

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Sat, 04/09/2016 - 04:27

We can not access site url also - getting 404 not found error. 

kmbuthia's picture
kmbuthia
Sat, 04/09/2016 - 04:39

The new site url is: villgrokenya.or.ke

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Mon, 04/11/2016 - 03:12

Sorry,

Could you point out the page having problem? We checked but could not see.

kmbuthia's picture
kmbuthia
Mon, 04/11/2016 - 04:13

Ok the page with the problem is a blog post here: http://villgrokenya.or.ke/node/69

From the screenshot I sent you, you will see the text is entering the sidebar. When you got the the editor you will also see there are supposed to be bullet points but they don't appear on the front.

Also you will see I have a similar problem when creating new blocks. At the end of the sidebar area you will notice a block called 'Call for mentors' but the content in it won't show.

Please assist

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Mon, 04/11/2016 - 05:23

Problem occurs because of the way importing data. Please check again.

Also, please take a look at debug, your data has characters instead of white space so we can not begin new paragraph. 

Image title

kmbuthia's picture
kmbuthia
Mon, 04/11/2016 - 05:50

Ok I have removed all the " " text and saved but the bullets still don't show...

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Mon, 04/11/2016 - 05:54

Please go to /sites/all/themes/md_birva/css/frontend/blog.css, at the end of file, insert:

.postcontent ul { list-style-type: disc; }
kmbuthia's picture
kmbuthia
Mon, 04/11/2016 - 06:21

Ah that worked (after clearing cache) thanks.

The only thing left is with the blocks section

Image title

There should be an image there but it won't show on the front end

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Wed, 04/13/2016 - 03:19

Please take a look at following image:

Image title

kmbuthia's picture
kmbuthia
Wed, 04/13/2016 - 03:25

Thank you very much. All problems are solved

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.