Having issues overriding

suegmune's picture
suegmune
Sun, 08/24/2014 - 22:56
Having issues overriding

I'm wondering why some of the items in this theme are
a) not overridable (without completely overriding the code...which really negates using a subtheme) and
b) are not allowed to be blank

For example, if I don't want text before a header and I make it blank, it puts the original code in there (default in theme). I have to put in order for it to not show text, but then it still puts it in the code.

My suggestion would be to check if that value is blank, and if it is leave it alone and don't display the surrounding HTML code

One item I also found that is not editable anywhere is in template.process.inc starting at line 232. This is the map marker hover text. It says "Creative News". This needs to be editable or removed (imo).

var companyMarker = new google.maps.Marker({
position: companyPos,
map: map,
icon: companyImage,
title:"Creative News",
zIndex: 3});

I'm having to override the theme completely to get what I want....but this is going to make updating difficult, if not impossible. Please let me know if there is a better way to go about this.

Thanks!

cindy's picture
cindy
Tue, 08/26/2014 - 04:21

Hi,
First off, thank you very much for your feedback.
We will fix and update these problems as soon as possible!

Regards,

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.