Porfoilio Ajax - JS calls after load

dajuice's picture
dajuice
Fri, 10/30/2015 - 13:21
Porfoilio Ajax - JS calls after load

Im trying to add features to the portfolio section and im having a hard time following the programming flow of the ajax call to open the portfolio items.  I cannot find anywhere in the code where its calling the ajax to actually display the portfolio.  I have been throught the portfolio_custom.js a few times and i have been able to do a few changes.

Right now i want to display a popup map when someone click on the icon inside the portfolio item.  I have the template working with a map overlay but i need to run the google map javascript after the div is visible to fill in the map.  How can i do this?  So here is my example code:

function initMap() {
            var myLatLng = {lat: -25.363, lng: 131.044};

var map = new google.maps.Map(document.getElementById("fabulocity_map"), {
              zoom: 4,
              center: myLatLng
            });

var marker = new google.maps.Marker({
              position: myLatLng,
              map: map,
              title: 'Hello World!'
            });
          }

When i call initMap() in the showProject function google gives me an error because the <div class="fabulocity_map"></div> is not in the document yet.  How can ensure this function gets called only after the portfolio is actually displayed?

I also tried calling it in $(document).ready(function() but it also doesnt work.  

I am trying to find out where to inject the code at the end of the ajax call.

dajuice's picture
dajuice
Fri, 10/30/2015 - 13:27

I also made an attempt to use GeoFields map in the view along with a colorbox, but I have the same issue where i cannot get the content to load inside the ajax call because it requires it to run certain javascripts. 

I did manage to hack in the addtoany icons by placing them right inside the showProject() function and extracting the title from the innerTxt from a div.  But this all seems overly complex.

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Fri, 10/30/2015 - 23:06

Hi,

You could take a look at template of ajax in 2 files below:

+ views-view--portfolio.tpl.php(sites\all\themes\md_alpine\template\views\portfolio)

+ node--portfolio.tpl.php (sites\all\themes\md_alpine\template)

dajuice's picture
dajuice
Mon, 11/02/2015 - 16:22

I looked at those 2 templates but there are no actual ajax calls, all the template does it call a hyperlink with parameter /#!?q=ajax_portfolio&nid=x

Where is the actual ajax function that it calls when you run that link.  I need to add something so that when the ajax function is complete i can run some javascript to populate div's that are created during the ajax call.

Here is what im looking for at some point there needs to be a call that i can check if the ajax response finished, where can i add the do_something_here() function?

$(document).ready(function() {

$
('#obj').click(function() {

$
.ajax({
url
: "<url>"
}).done(function() {
do_something_here
();
});
});
cindy's picture
cindy
Mon, 11/02/2015 - 23:02

Hi,

+ Please open file portfolio_custom.js (sites/all/themes/md_alpine/js/lib).

+ Find event named:

$(window).bind('hashchange', function() { ...... });

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.