Object "Box" sizing

geflogenheiten's picture
geflogenheiten
Sun, 10/04/2015 - 14:00
Object "Box" sizing

I created several box objects,  four in a row, two rows.

A box object contains 3 words, another one 15 and so on.

Due to the different amount of words every box object size is different (in a row) as well. 

This does not look very professional (one box is small, the next is bigger, the next is smaller, ...)

Is is possible to set a (minimum) height per box, indepedent from the amount of letters/words in a box ?    Goal is to get, for example, a row of 4 boxes with equal height (on all devices)

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Sun, 10/04/2015 - 22:45

Hi,

Where is the "Box" that you mentioned? We would like to know where it is.

geflogenheiten's picture
geflogenheiten
Mon, 10/05/2015 - 06:26

Created a new testenvironment with some boxes. 

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Tue, 10/06/2015 - 05:11

Could you send us some screenshots of problem on desktop?

geflogenheiten's picture
geflogenheiten
Tue, 10/06/2015 - 11:23

here are the screens of 3 devices showing all the same node. Boxes are not in line, on one device it's box #6 and #8, on the 2nd it's #3 and on 3rd it's #3,#5,#6

desktop 1

desktop 2

desk 3 (ipad)

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Wed, 10/07/2015 - 05:20

Base on quantity of text, each box has one height. Box with more texts is higher. We can not set same height for all boxes because in case one box has long content while height is not enough, some texts will be missing or box can not wrap all. 

So, user will decide how boxes display. For example: you decide one box has how many rows, you would set the same quantity for all boxes.

geflogenheiten's picture
geflogenheiten
Wed, 10/07/2015 - 05:48

I understand that the box has to "growth" if more text is entered, but it would be a nice feature if it would be possible to set a min (max) size for boxes in a section.

Taken my example you would set a min size of X.   Now you enter text up to the capacity of X.  If it's more then X it sizes bigger.  But if it it less then X it keeps a minimum of X (box size) and allows so, that users have the ability to keep the same (minumim) size.  

What do you think ?

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Wed, 10/07/2015 - 06:08

So could you give us a standard?

geflogenheiten's picture
geflogenheiten
Wed, 10/07/2015 - 08:03

Now,  the best would be a parameter enterable for a box at the time of creation.   

A box should be able to contain a minimum of 3 lines text , each having up to 70 characters (plus the icon + header), for example.

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Thu, 10/08/2015 - 00:26

Just set it. Now it box will has maximum 3 lines of text and if there are more text, they will not display fully.

geflogenheiten's picture
geflogenheiten
Thu, 10/08/2015 - 05:05

Hi,

just entered some lines, it's cut after the 4th row. that's fine.  

I opened the box then again, and tried to update it, but the rows after the 1st are not editable anymore. Can you check

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Thu, 10/08/2015 - 06:23

We tried to update and it still works well. Could you check again?

And if you could not update, please try to create another one because we did not edit/ change code but just edited CSS for boxes.

geflogenheiten's picture
geflogenheiten
Fri, 10/09/2015 - 10:44

works.  please let me know the piece to change in CSS

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Fri, 10/09/2015 - 23:27

It is in file style.css, line 1003:

.parallax-box a {
background: #fff;
padding: 30px 20px;
display: block;
min-height: 197px;
max-height: 197px;
overflow-y: hidden;
}

geflogenheiten's picture
geflogenheiten
Sat, 10/10/2015 - 07:48

great support as usual since I'm using your theme. thanks

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.