Incorporate hoverIntent to Menu Triggers

ownage's picture
ownage
Sat, 01/20/2018 - 11:54
Incorporate hoverIntent to Menu Triggers

In my opinion, this module is nearing perfection and I'd like to thank the developers for their continued maintenance. 

The only area that I currently see that this module could drastically improve in User Experience is to simply incorporate the new Menu Trigger "hoverIntent."

Currently, "hover" requires the user to move the mouse down into the Mega Menu before moving it Left or Right to select within the Menu Submenu. If any corners are cut or shortcuts taken with the mouse, (which is common behavior for any visitor), the menu closes, making the User Experience much more difficult to operate and understand. In many other menu software packages, hoverIntent is the default event handler for menu operation due to its glorious greatness.

Could Mega Drupal please incorporate this feature into the list of Menu Triggers?

Thank you!

cindy's picture
cindy
Fri, 01/26/2018 - 02:57

Hi there

Sorry for late respond and thank you for your suggestion

We will check this and consider to add this feature in later version

Best,

ownage's picture
ownage
Thu, 04/12/2018 - 21:10

Hey Cindy,

I want to first of all thank you for your prompt communication as you continue to help maintain this module. Next, I wanted to remind that I am still struggling (even myself) with keeping the Mega Menu open when hovering from the primary to secondary links and am certain my clients will struggle with this 100X more-- this website is being built for an alumni community of 60-90 year olds. 

My question is quite simple, would it take long to incorporate this new menu trigger? I am confident Mega Drupal will want to make it the default trigger after they see how effective it is, allowing the user to cut a tiny corner (which are in many if not most cases invisible) rather than operating their mouse in a straight robotic down & left/right fashion. The Mega Menu is unique in that it fills the entire width, requiring a wide selection that could be anywhere as far right or left as a submenu spans. In terms of basic accessibility, this common mouse behavior is a major feature that Mega Menu is still missing out on.

Thank you kindly for considering this.

Matt

ownage's picture
ownage
Tue, 07/17/2018 - 22:33

Cindy,

It has been nearly 6 months since I've heard from you on this feature request. 

Is this a feature your team plans to incorporate or will I have to hack it into the code myself?

Will be needing this within the next two weeks and would like to plan ahead, so please let me know if I have to do this myself.

Thank you

Matt

ownage's picture
ownage
Tue, 08/14/2018 - 21:42

Cindy / Mega Drupal Team,

After 8 months of asking if your team could incorporate this simple "much smarter" menu trigger (found on literally every navigation module INCLUDING Drupal's Administrative menu), I am seemingly at wit's end with the non-correspondence. This menu trigger would become your new default trigger, so wouldn't this be considered pretty significant? What I expected was to receive MORE THAN dead silence on this inquiry, most preferably a definite Yes or No. My large website project needs to be launched within the next couple weeks, so this longstanding issue has come down to the wire. PLEASE respond to me! Thank you!

cindy's picture
cindy
Tue, 08/14/2018 - 23:57

Hello,

We are sorry for this inconvenience

Please check your email

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.