node#overlay

jay's picture
jay
Wed, 05/01/2013 - 10:25
node#overlay

Not sure if I'm alone here but if I try to edit a menu when in the admin overly feature of seven theme, the module doesn't work. (node#overlay=admin/structure/md-megamenu)

Neo's picture
Neo
Wed, 05/01/2013 - 10:52

Are you using latest version of megamenu? Some previous versions had this error

jay's picture
jay
Wed, 05/01/2013 - 14:46

I belive so.

pinal.desai's picture
pinal.desai
Fri, 10/11/2013 - 07:39

I have the same issue and I am using 1.12. Any help?

padcom's picture
padcom
Sun, 11/24/2013 - 17:23

Any solution to this issue. i am having same problem. I created a menu a few weeks ago with some general links etc. and now I go to try to add additional links or even edit existing items and the overlay panel opens but just sits at the loading image and never populates. How can I fixed this. i tried changing to admin seven theme since I use adminimal theme. I also switched from jquery 1.8 to 1.7 and still same issue. I also cleared all caches and delete temp files on all attempts.

padcom's picture
padcom
Sun, 11/24/2013 - 17:41

Shortly after posting my question I happened to notice a 404 error in my recent logs.

page not found
Date Sunday, November 24, 2013 - 5:26pm
User siteadmin
Location http://my.com/?q=admin/structure/md-megamenu/essential-item
Referrer http://my.com/myadmin/structure/md-megamenu/2/edit
Message 404
Severity warning
Hostname

I am using the "rename admin path" module and I realized I need to change all instances of q=admin I found a handful of instances in some of the .js files and renamed them to my new admin path and it is working fine now. I love it when fixes work them selves out easily like that.

andrewdru's picture
andrewdru
Sun, 12/01/2013 - 09:00

Hi folks, I've just downloaded the product but it doesn't work in Overlay mode. So, I've turned overlay off in my Drupal (7.22). If I add a Megamenu and configure it, so far so good. But if I click '[settings]' or '+Add new item' I get a grey overlay over everything... and can't click through this to the options that have popped up on top of the edit screen. I've cleared caches, restarted my browser - no change. And also tried it in Chrome, Safari and Firefox (all on mac) with the same results. I'm not using the 'rename admin path' module as above. I hope you can sort this out. It looks a great product and I want to use it asap.

padcom's picture
padcom
Sun, 12/01/2013 - 09:05

I found my issue was caused by changing the jquery_update module to use the "jquery" cdn. Once I set it back to use jquery locally I was able to edit existing items and add new ones.

andrewdru's picture
andrewdru
Sun, 12/01/2013 - 12:16

Hmmm... thanks for your idea. I'm using jQuery update (with default jQuery Version set to 1.8) with CDN set to None, so that means the local version will be used. So that can't be it. I'm just wondering where the Megamenu team are - for a paid product one would think they'd be active here. Especially for a product like this that seems to have such promise. Wondering what to do next...

joelparke's picture
joelparke
Sun, 12/01/2013 - 18:18

As mentioned above, I disabled the overlay module and was able to make some progress. Still having some issues... Not sure why yet. I will report back as I discover more. ONE NOTE: It would have been HUGELY helpful if it was documented to disable the overlay module. Especially since the overlay is enabled in the DEFAULT product installation. Using Drupal 7.24.

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.