Cannot see or access megamenu admin pages after enabling module

joe's picture
joe
Fri, 03/08/2013 - 10:39
Cannot see or access megamenu admin pages after enabling module

Good Morning,

I expect you may have some additional questions for me, but basically, after enabling MD Megamenu I do not see any changes.  There is no admin interface under "structure" or anywhere else that I can find.  I am using an Omega-based sub-theme and have menu views installed, but I don't imagine those are conflicting.

Neo's picture
Neo
Fri, 03/08/2013 - 12:18

Hi, 

It's strange, please check and provide me some information:

1. First, make sure module files are upload correctly
  2. What admin theme are you using?
  3. Can you list all modules that you're using on your website?
joe's picture
joe
Fri, 03/08/2013 - 13:38

1. Files are there from what I can tell.  They are in sites/default/modules/md_megamenu

2. Using Seven 7.19 for admin theme.

3. Modules):

Block, Contact, Contextual Links, Dashboard, Database Logging, Field, Field SQL Storage, Field UI, File, Filter, Image, List, Menu, Node, Number, Options, Overlay, Path, RDF, Search, Shortcut, System, Taxonomy, Text, Toolbar, Update Manager, User, Date, Date API, Date Popup

Chaos Tools 7.x.1.2

Entity Reference 7.x.1.0

File Entity 7.x.1.2

Media 7.x.1.2

MD MegaMenu 7.x.1.6 (Duh)

Entity API 7.x.1.0

Menu Attributes 7.x.1.0-rc2

Menu Block 7.x.2.3

Pathauto 7.x.1.2

Special Menu Items 7.x.2.0

CKEditor 7.x.1.9

Menu Views 7.x.2.1

Views 7.x.3.5

Views UI 7.x.3.5

Neo's picture
Neo
Sat, 03/09/2013 - 10:32

I tried to install all those module, after all, I installed MD Megamenu and went to Structure, I saw the link there.

Can you try to go to your_drupal_site.com/admin/structure/md-megamenu and see if it works?

joe's picture
joe
Sat, 03/09/2013 - 18:53

I'm getting an access denied actually.  I didn't see any permissions setting though.

Neo's picture
Neo
Sat, 03/09/2013 - 20:14

Can you try to reinstall the module:

- go to modules page, disable md megamenu

- uninstall the module (in the uninstall tab)

- remove files from sites/all/modules/md_megamenu

- upload files and install again

joe's picture
joe
Mon, 03/11/2013 - 09:51

Tried again.  Still access denied.  I should note that it's in my sites/default/modules directory.  I am a part of a university that has and maintains the core, so I think this is technically some sort of multi-site implementation.  I don't know if that would make a difference or not.

Neo's picture
Neo
Mon, 03/11/2013 - 10:30

I placed all modules to sites/default/modules and install all again, it works fine. I'm not sure what's happend with your site. Could you send me your demo link and login account?

matthew's picture
matthew
Mon, 03/11/2013 - 22:57

I am having the same issue. The original admin account that was created when I installed drupal/theme works fine but any additional user that is given the exact same privledges is getting the Access Denied message. I've tried everything, including reinstalling.

Neo's picture
Neo
Tue, 03/12/2013 - 07:29

Please download version 1.7, I fixed the permission.

@joe: if you do not use user id 1, please use this version too.

Please remember to clear site cache after replace new module code

joe's picture
joe
Tue, 03/12/2013 - 11:31

That makes sense as my IT Office probably has the first user account.  I reinstalled and it works now.  thanks for fixing!  BTW...you might want to also note that permissions do need to be set for the module afterwards.

Thanks again.

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.