Parallax on ipad

pjbr's picture
pjbr
Thu, 09/17/2015 - 08:28
Parallax on ipad

Hello,

I have a trouble with parallax panes on ipad. The css "background-size:cover;" is making the image huge and the effect is lost. I tried "background-size:100% auto;" and it almost corrected the problem (my desktop browsers are ok with this) but on ipad I have a new trouble with the initial position of the background image : on some of them I see the end of the image and then the repeat-y next one which is ugly... Any ideas ?

I have also a trouble with the portfolio which does not filter on tags... Any solution ?

Thank you.

cindy's picture
cindy
Fri, 09/18/2015 - 03:46

Hi,

We have a suggestion for you about parallax panes on ipad:

In mobile (ipad, iphone,...), edit CSS due to use static image instead of parallax image, remove background-cover, add property background-repeat: none for no repeating images.

And trouble with portfolio, could you describe more? And please send us your site url so we can have a look at problem.

pjbr's picture
pjbr
Fri, 09/18/2015 - 09:36

Hello,

I must say i'm not very happy with your "remove parallax" answer : it's almost ok with "background-size:100% auto;", except the initial position of the background image.

For the portfolio trouble, you could test with http://demo.megadrupal.com/d7/md-springspray/ or with my dev site. When you click a particular tag, it should normaly filter the above images, but it does not.

Thank you.

cindy's picture
cindy
Sat, 09/19/2015 - 03:42

Hi Pjbr,

1, Parallax problem: 

We checked and saw in your custom CSS, there is below:

background-repeat: repeat-y;

it makes your image repeat vertically on ipad, so we think it should be removed. Another reason is your image is smaller than demo, please try with bigger one.

2, Portfolio trouble:

We checked on your site and filters seem work normally. Would you like to check again?

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.