Manual Install: Content Types Missing

pgotzner's picture
pgotzner
Wed, 06/10/2015 - 15:26
Manual Install: Content Types Missing

Hi,

I installed the MDST theme (and all the modules and libraries that are needed according to the documentation) on my drupal cms yesterday.

I had to do it manually because I got an error message, that the install profile only supports mysql (and in my case NOT sqlite).

Looks like everything went fine, but somehow I don't have all content types available. The "portfolio" for example is missing. I therefore cannot create any content so far.

Are the content types that should be used linked to seperate and other non-MDST modules? Aren't they supposed to be part of the MDST Theme/Module? (If so: didn't find anything in the doc about that...)

Thanks for your help

Peter

cindy's picture
cindy
Thu, 06/11/2015 - 06:50

Hi,

Do you install the theme on local or host? If host, please uploaad all files and  Send Us Your Host Information to [email protected] (also this forum link) we will install the theme for you

pgotzner's picture
pgotzner
Fri, 06/12/2015 - 18:26

I tried installing it on a localhost too... same thing: Almost all content types are missing.

(using latest Drupal, installed latest libraries like superfish, lessphp and all the recent versions of modules listed in your doc)

Since I might have to redo the install at a later time I would appreciate if you could point out what I might be doing wrong. Just letting you do the install therefore doesn't really help me long term.

Before I try to hunt down the error - which only occurs during manual install - I would like to know if the list of modules you list in your documentary is up to date. Is there some kind of more detailed "manual install" procedure you could provide?

Thanks

Peter

PS

After the manual install (I tried it with mysql now) the theme is all white... and still no content types besides the regular ones.... I got the right version of less (source file zip! https://github.com/oyejorge/less.php/releases - and needed to change to that one in the less config page) and suddenly the "all white" problem was gone. But still not the right content types here. It really looks like some key component is missing...

Image title

cindy's picture
cindy
Sun, 06/14/2015 - 01:05

Hi,

Please check your email

pgotzner's picture
pgotzner
Mon, 06/22/2015 - 01:52

Hi Cindy,

thanks for your mail. I tried importing the attached database/sql file for a couple of times now during the last days.

Can you please provide the encoding/character set of the file (tried utf8 and a couple of ISOs - does not work). I keep getting an encoding error.

Any specific import settings for the file I should use? I really cannot go through all possible hundreds of combinations. Already wasted days on trying to find the right one.

Thanks for your help

Peter

Image title

pgotzner's picture
pgotzner
Mon, 06/22/2015 - 02:08

And just to be clear:

I am trying to install mdst as a theme on a already perfectly working drupal installation for weeks now. I don't want(!) to use the provided full drupal installation you ship with the theme since I need git and my file structure the way it is.

I followed your documentation on that part and installed all the modules and libraries that are needed for mdst according to your documentation. But so far - it simply doesn't work. For a "ready to use" theme this turns out to be more frustrating than I thought.

Please let me know if it is possible to use mdst on my own running drupal installation at all. Right now it doesn't look like it. And if that's really the case: Please let me know what your refund procedure is.

Thanks

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Tue, 06/23/2015 - 23:31

Pgotzner,

Check your email please. We just send you a new SQL file.

And about use MDST on your own running drupal installation: our "ready to use" means using "install profile", our theme has some features which make difficult to install theme by your way.

Our refund policy:

Send request at: https://help.market.envato.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Envato will confirm with author Megadrupal. After we accept, you will receive refund.

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.