Cloning/adding new panel +# link from menu

khm's picture
khm
Fri, 11/13/2015 - 03:49
Cloning/adding new panel +# link from menu

Hi

I'd like to have a new panel but basically re-use the formats already included. I also need to be able to link to the new panel from the top menu (i.e. #link). To make sure I don't miss anything what is the step-by-step procedure?

Thanks very much :)

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Fri, 11/13/2015 - 06:04

Hi,

Do not know which you would like exactly but we have some instructions for you.

- If you would like to add new panel for quick editing: please go to /admin/config/administration/admin_menu, tick "Shortcut"

Shortcuts bar appear then please click "Edit shortcuts" to add more.

- In case you would like to add new link to main menu of your site, please edit menu to add link.

khm's picture
khm
Wed, 11/18/2015 - 06:22

Hi

might not have expressed myself clearly enough. I would like to make a new panel in variant default, Plan is to clone an existing view to be used  with the new panel. Then I need to know how to create a #link for the new panel. So that it can be accessed from the top menu.

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Thu, 11/19/2015 - 03:52

So please go to admin/structure/menu/manage/main-menu, click add link then input path form: <front>#link

For example: menu item services

Image title

kewin's picture
kewin
Fri, 03/25/2016 - 12:13

Hello,

I have a similar question here. I hava added the new menu item which I want to connect with "meet the team" view. The point is that there is no path for that. How can I connect name for a path with the "meet the team" view.

Of course this view is in the page content (and it can be seen). The poin is that I would like to have it sliding down to the needed position after clicking it in the menu.

Thanks,

Kewin

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Mon, 03/28/2016 - 00:55

Hi Kewin,

Please go to /admin/structure/menu/manage/main-menu/list?destination=home
- Create a link below about, path <front>#about. (If you did any customization with menu, please send us some screenshots)

Image title

- Go to theme setting > Custom code > custom footer code, add following code:

<script type="text/javascript">
(function ($) {
$(document).ready(function () {
$("#main-nav li:nth-child(4) a").on("click", function () {
$(".tab2 a").trigger("click");
})
});
})(jQuery);
</script>
kewin's picture
kewin
Wed, 03/30/2016 - 14:40

Hello Phuonght,

I have done as you've suggestest and nothing happened.

Is the position of the content described by 2 elements - by the number in the main menu and by the placement after the properly hooked item before (in this case #about)????

Image title

In this particular case I am talking about last element, called "wersje guciów". It is located in the 4th position (excluding the translations with the same weights).

The one before is marked (colours) is the modified version of portolio (#portolio).

So, I have added "wersje guciów) with path <front>#portfolio and left "4" in the script. ...and nothing happened.

Please advise,

Thank you,

Kewin

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Thu, 03/31/2016 - 07:04

In code line at comment #6:

$("#main-nav li:nth-child(4) a").on("click", function () {

nth-child(4): position. 

Please change/ edit it to position that you would like.

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Tue, 04/05/2016 - 00:19

So please try to install module https://www.drupal.org/project/block_attributes.

Then you go to to configure a block, there will be a block attribution. It also has a field to set ID for block. If you add new item to menu that has link type <front>#abc and would like site scroll down to region when clicking, you need to set ID block in congfiguration as same as link\.

Example: link: <front>#abc so block ID must be abc.

You also can use F12 to check HTML. 

kewin's picture
kewin
Tue, 04/05/2016 - 17:00

Hello Phuonght,

Thank you for a reply. I've downloaded the module and  tested it - works OK (as I wanted). The point is that all the structure of my site is located in a 1 block of main content (as it originally was created by You) ...which is in one solid block.

Image title

All the content are views (which are not blocks) without the ID feature. I played with them and I've managed to put the views in the blocks by adding the block view to the master ...but these do not have the wanted features (they do not present themselves as good as originally in views).

Is there any other way to have it rght???

Thank you in advance,

Kewin

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Wed, 04/06/2016 - 00:58

There are 2 types of views. View as block has ID block, and view as page has no ID block. So if any view in your site is type of page, please create again as a block then add it to region content. 

Also, please check your menu size. 

Image title

In order to target a section,  ID section needs to use same hastag with menu. You can go to admin/structure/pages/nojs/operation/page-home/handlers/page_home_panel_context/, select pane which you would like to link > css properties > Add ID as same as hastag menu.

Image title

kewin's picture
kewin
Wed, 04/06/2016 - 15:11

Hello Phuonght,

I was loosing my mind with this (messing around with views and blocks) and ideas how to put a block into the content. 

Hopefully, I have gone through all the MD Max support topics, where I've found Cindy's solution for that.

Still, thank you for your time.

Cheers, this issue is closed for me

Kewin

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.