Remove one region

MoMo's picture
MoMo
Sun, 07/24/2016 - 17:20
Remove one region

Hello Team,

I need to remove the region Myslef:

http://estarregistry.com/#myself

How could I achieve that? is it in page.tpl.php? then which line should I remove.

Thanks,

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Sun, 07/24/2016 - 23:43

Hi,

Check site please. We removed it for you.

MoMo's picture
MoMo
Tue, 07/26/2016 - 16:02

Hello Team,

Thanks gor your help but you removed also the occasions region too. Could you please put it back?

MoMo's picture
MoMo
Tue, 07/26/2016 - 16:02

I needed only ;yself section to be removed

MoMo's picture
MoMo
Thu, 07/28/2016 - 17:23

guys http://estarregistry.com/#our-promise has also desappeared. Please I need both regions back

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Thu, 07/28/2016 - 22:52

Sorry,

However it seems that you customized file page--front causing problem. We could not access your FTP so did not change any thing.

We also try to move block to other regions then it displays normally. Please check site again.

MoMo's picture
MoMo
Tue, 08/02/2016 - 11:38

Hello Team,

I'm kindly asking for an answer please. The website is no more usable. I need please your help.

Thanks,

Mohamed

cindy's picture
cindy
Wed, 08/03/2016 - 05:22

Please check your subtheme, it seems that you changed file page-front-tpl.php, nso you have to change the path

As for the menu responding, you can inspect element (F12), you can see each menu item is a tag <a href="">, in "" is the id of the equivalent region 

For ex, menu item blog (href #blog => region ID is blog)

MoMo's picture
MoMo
Thu, 08/04/2016 - 17:26

Hi cindy,

Hope you are well. Actually, before the change I requested (remove one region), evrything was working perfectly. So I need for a start to know what you have touched please. at least reverse what was done and I can check again on my side.

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Fri, 08/05/2016 - 03:36

Hi,

Our developer only deleted code of region "My self" in page--front.tpl.php. We can not remember it exactly but it is similar to following code of "Introduction":

<?php if($page['introduction']):?>
<?php print render($page['introduction']);?>
<?php endif;?>
<?php if($page['introduction']): ?>
<?php print render($page['introduction']);?>
<?php endif;?>

MoMo's picture
MoMo
Thu, 08/11/2016 - 11:00

Guys, I checked in page--front.tpl.php and the code 

<?php if($page['business_services']):?>
  <!-- Services -->
  <section class="simple-services">
    <?php print render($page['business_services']);?>
  </section>
<?php endif;?>

if there but the business services items that I configured are not displayed (delivery, secure payment,satisfactio guarantee)

This is happened after your change and I cant get it back. I did not have any version stored with all the modification I have done after handing over to you the website. So please I need your help on this. 

MoMo's picture
MoMo
Thu, 08/11/2016 - 11:33

one parallax has also disappeared. I need please your assistance. This is critical

MoMo's picture
MoMo
Thu, 08/11/2016 - 11:45

To be precise it is parallax 3 that disappeared

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Thu, 08/11/2016 - 22:59

First of all, we would like to note that: before making any change of site or sending to us for support, please remember to backup.

About problem, we think you need to copy file page-front.tpl.php (from main theme) to your subtheme. All regions are in that file. After copying, clear cache. 

Go to /admin/structure/block, drag drop blocks to regions as you would like. 

If you would like to click menu, site will scroll down then in admin/structure/menu/item/564/edit, select region to scroll down. 

MoMo's picture
MoMo
Sun, 08/14/2016 - 17:28

I do appologise of not saving a copy of latest version but I was over confident about your fixe specially that you have an excellent track record  with all ;y other issues.

Now I'm stuck and I really need your help. I did a diff between the files in the theme and subtheme and the only issue was a typo introduced by your developer that I have already removed:

Image title

This is did not remove the issue even after clearing the cache.

I checked also the block regions and unless I'm mistaken, it looks already activated:

Image title

Image title

I'm stuck with the issue and I'm without solution to know how to debug it... Need really your help guys.

MoMo's picture
MoMo
Sun, 08/14/2016 - 19:16

Guys to trouble shoot, if I change the occasion region from its dedicated region (which is about us) to for example a region like footer for example and then itwill appear. This applies for about us and business services regions. This means that these 2 regions are not well set up in the code. There is something somehow after your change, it is no more working. Hope this help

MoMo's picture
MoMo
Mon, 08/15/2016 - 08:16

just to let you know, I have saved the website. So please do your changes, this time at elat I can recover.

MoMo's picture
MoMo
Tue, 08/16/2016 - 17:09

Hello, Any feedback please? We tried to follow the best practice as subtheme to do our customization. Does the theme suport that? It used to work before. I really need your support on this.

Many thanks

cindy's picture
cindy
Wed, 08/17/2016 - 04:59

Hi,

We have fixed your issue

Please check file page-front.tpl.php in your subtheme Magnum Star

MoMo's picture
MoMo
Wed, 08/17/2016 - 14:50

Great Cindy. Really Really many thanks. 

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.