Home-video : unable to change background video

paradoxx's picture
paradoxx
Thu, 10/13/2016 - 15:43
Home-video : unable to change background video

As an earlier purchaser of Orenmode, i am now working on a new website, based on Hero theme, purchased by my contractor Colruyt Group.
For our proof of concept, we would like to have the home-video page used as main structure for the new home page.

I tried to replace the current looping video url for "J'adore Dior", but couldn't manage to edit the section where this background video is defined inside the awecontent page builder for this page.

The upper blue action tab seems to be disabled/unclickable, whereas in my opinion this video setting is supposed to be managed.

Profile installation has been done on : hero2.rawdesk.be

user= admin

pwd= )pM7FNQcgv[0

Could you point us where this setting can be managed ?

khoa's picture
khoa
Fri, 10/14/2016 - 03:18

Hello,

Do you mean that you want to replace the video content or do something?

Thanks!

paradoxx's picture
paradoxx
Fri, 10/14/2016 - 03:45

Hi,

Exactly.

I would like to edit all content from the installed demo content, but it seems impossible to edit the first block in Awecontent page builder of home-video page.

Please login with provided credentials and witness yourself :

http://hero2.rawdesk.be/node/26/edit?destination=admin/content

Then click BUILD PAGE WITH AWECONTENT

When editing all sections via

Image title

there's nowhere an enabled background video visible.

Where can this demo movie be replaced / removed ?

Thanks,

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Fri, 10/14/2016 - 04:08

Hi Paradoxx,

Please add purchase code of theme Hero to your account page (http://megadrupal.com/user/paradoxx). We checked but could only see Orenmode only,

paradoxx's picture
paradoxx
Fri, 10/14/2016 - 04:53

Hi Phuonght,

Yes this is correct. I only purchased Orenmode.

But my current contractor i am working for on a new website based on Hero, bought this theme.

I am putting the confirmation mail from the purchaser down here in a private post.

paradoxx's picture
paradoxx
Fri, 10/14/2016 - 05:24

My drupal.org account in case necessary : https://www.drupal.org/u/rawdesk

BPSColruyt's picture
BPSColruyt
Fri, 10/14/2016 - 07:55

Account with purchase code has been added. 
Please advise with further instructions to replace demo video background.

Thanks,

khoa's picture
khoa
Fri, 10/14/2016 - 19:15

Hi guys,

I have fixed the issue. Can you please try it again then let me know the result.

Thanks!

BPSColruyt's picture
BPSColruyt
Sat, 10/15/2016 - 03:54

Hello Khoa,

Thanks for you reply.

Before i get deeper into the video replacement issue, i would like to make a few things clear about our project.

This HERO theme will be used for a new corporate website inside Colruyt Group (CG), and therefore also hosted on their dedicated webservers, not on rawdesk.be or another shared hosting environment.

As a subcontractor of Colruytgroup, i was asked to perform a proof of concept. This is done on hero.rawdesk.be and hero2.rawdesk.be, my personal hosting environment. 

Our plan is from next monday on, to develop this new corporate website on the CG dedicated webservers in 5 days. Not on one of both proof of concepts mentioned here. There will be no FTP account for you to do interventions because of the company's policy.

So, in order to proceed fluently and not lose too much time, we would like to have clear steps decribing what you actually changed to fix an issue, like the one you just replied here. If possible for the issue case, we would like to have the fixed code or module sent over, so we only have to install it.

---

Back to the video replacement issue then : 

1. It looks like you fixed the problem that prevented clicking on the column settings menu (blue) on top.

I was now able to edit the column settings, but the black section settings menu keeps hovering over the blue menu, making it impossible to click.

I had to apply this css in my browser to reach it :

section.awe-section .awe-custom {margin-top: 40px;}

Image title

Image title

Can you add this to awe-layout-admin.css ? We can do it ourself in the meanwhile, but i think this would solve some usability problems...

But i repeat, we do need your code change that fixed the clickability of the inline settings menus, so we can transfer it to our CG environment !

2. Now that i could reach the column settings, there's apparently no video background setting possible (only bg image) (see second screenshot)

So we are still looking for the spot inside the awecontent builder where we can change the current demo video.

Please advice us with further instruction.

khoa's picture
khoa
Sun, 10/16/2016 - 21:22

Hello,

Please update Awecontent to latest version(1.4). It will fix this issue.

Thanks!

BPSColruyt's picture
BPSColruyt
Mon, 10/17/2016 - 04:03

Hi Khoa,

We updated both installs to 1.4 and it fixed some things.

But what you did earlier for #8 is not completely fixed yet!

http://megadrupal.com/comment/13899#comment-13899

The blue column settings menu bar is still not clickable on a freshly installed drupal at Colruyt Group.

So can you provide us a patch with the changes you made in order to make the menus accessible ?

Thanks!

Bart

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Mon, 10/17/2016 - 04:42

Hi,

We check site and awecontent seems to work normally. All icons are clickable.

Image title

BPSColruyt's picture
BPSColruyt
Mon, 10/17/2016 - 05:54

Hello,

I repeat that this hero2.rawdesk.be will not be the source for our eventual golive. It is just a proof of concept version...

We are now working on a colruytgroup.com subdomain version where we freshly reinstalled the HERO theme.

Here we have the issue again with unclickable blue column settings menu bar, as by your colleague Khoa in #8 mentioned to have fixed on rawdesk.be.

So we need to know what Khoa exactly changed in theme code, so we can bring this change also to colruytgroup.com !

Please send it in private message if necessary.

Thanks,

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Mon, 10/17/2016 - 22:21

- We used following code to fix problem with column:

.awe-section.creating header .navbar-fixed-top {
position: static;
}

you can please add it to your file CSS.

- About other problems with Awecontent:  please update latest version to fix.

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.