Display Lag with Media Browser Popup

brianbwords's picture
brianbwords
Mon, 05/23/2016 - 08:08
Display Lag with Media Browser Popup

Hello again,

When I click an image in the media browser from the Portfolio node, it takes quite a bit of time (3-15 seconds) to display any content.  It just sits there with the white background and an (X).  Normal visitors to the site will get impatient, close it and never see anything.  Is there a way to speed this up?  Or, what could cause this delay/lag?

Thank you again!

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Mon, 05/23/2016 - 22:46

Hi,

We think popup displays in 3 - 15 seconds because of network. Could you check again? 

brianbwords's picture
brianbwords
Sun, 06/05/2016 - 21:12

I think you're right.  The server status shows CPU usage at 100% on loading.  I'll check into it.  Thank you.

brianbwords's picture
brianbwords
Sun, 06/05/2016 - 23:20

Is the Hero theme resource intensive or is some coding just off? Even though they doubled my resources, there is no noticeable improvement in loading speed. 

Here is the response I got upon inquiring about speed of my server. 

We recently installed CloudLinux on many of our shared servers. One of the main features of CloudLinux is the ability to limit accounts to a certain amount of resource usage, and in fact this feature is the primary reason for its installation due to repeated stability issues caused by accounts that use a disproportionate amount of resources. The limits we set using CloudLinux far exceed the acceptable usage per our terms of service.

At this time, all accounts are limited to 1GB of memory across all scripts that they are running. This limit represents a significant portion of the server's available memory. While I understand that you may not anticipate your account/websites to be particularly resource intensive, in many cases the volume of illegitimate/unwanted traffic to sites can account for much higher resource usage. Regardless of the legitimacy/intention of the traffic, any requests hitting a site generate PHP/MySQL processes which eat away at server CPU/Memory/Disk IO resources so I'm sure you can understand why this becomes a problem even though you may not realize it.

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Mon, 06/06/2016 - 00:10

Please:

- check in system which one uses most of ram first ( you can use htop to do this work).

- if you have several websites running at the same time, please try to disable some of them to check which website uses most of resource. 

- you can reset apache and myspl also.

If it still does not work, please send us your source code and database so we can check it.

brianbwords's picture
brianbwords
Mon, 06/13/2016 - 22:10

I worked with my server configuration, and it did indeed speed up!  Disabling the Google fonts and Adobe TypeKit helped as well.  Thank you!

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.