Boom "Feature" link URL

tkasis's picture
tkasis
Sat, 08/30/2014 - 07:33
Boom "Feature" link URL

The front page Feature content type/view renders a link tag that looks like this

<a href="#" style="">

What is creating that tag? Do you have a mechanism already in place to add specific URLs to the feature. i.e. Link to product page rather than the current page? If not I will modify the content type and view to meet my needs.

Regards
Tom Kraft

cindy's picture
cindy
Sat, 08/30/2014 - 10:11

Hi,
We are spending our national holiday
We will be back on 3rd, Sep and then we will checking and fix your problem

Regards,

tkasis's picture
tkasis
Fri, 09/05/2014 - 06:48

Any thoughts on this? I found the template file that renders the link, views-view-fields--features--block.tpl.php, line 27. And I have created a field on the 'features' content type.

My theming skills are not strong enough to get the template to grab my new variable and render it. (That is why I bought your theme.)

Any help will be appreciated

Tom Kraft

cindy's picture
cindy
Sun, 09/07/2014 - 22:35

Hi,
Please check your email

Regards,

tkasis's picture
tkasis
Tue, 09/09/2014 - 06:56

Okay. That gets me half way to my goal. It directs to the respective Features node. Thank you.

What I am wanting to do is link is to other internal or external locations. I have added a link text field to the Features content type. Would you recommend a rewrite output in Views from nid to my custom field? Or do I need to learn a bit of theme functionality?

cindy's picture
cindy
Thu, 09/11/2014 - 03:47

Hi,
You can send us your site's url and admin account to [email protected] (also this forum link)
We will help you to create a link field
or
you can custom in views-view-fields--feature--block.tpl.php

Regards,

tkasis's picture
tkasis
Sat, 09/13/2014 - 09:02

For now, I decided to add a body field to the Features content type and display that on full node display. If I decide to go with my original idea, I may take you up on the offer.

Thanks for the help
Tom

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.