Boom multi install profile doesn't work with Postgres DB

glaroc's picture
glaroc
Fri, 05/30/2014 - 14:15
Boom multi install profile doesn't work with Postgres DB

Hi, we recently purchased Boom multi and after a lot of struggling I realized that the auto install with the demo profile does not work when the backend of the site is PostgreSQL instead of MySQL. I get an error after install and none of the modules and the template get activated, and the site just looks like a vanilla drupal install. I tried to re-install with a MySQL backend and it is working perfectly. We really want to use Postgres and NOT MySQL for this site.

cindy's picture
cindy
Thu, 06/05/2014 - 23:11

Hi,
Sorry for replying late
We will test and feedback you soon

glaroc's picture
glaroc
Tue, 06/10/2014 - 08:10

Hi, you simply have to look at the php installation script. It uses functions like mysql_query instead of Drupal's db_insert, db_select, etc. So it is clear that this script is really not adapted to work with a PostgreSQL backend.

cindy's picture
cindy
Tue, 06/10/2014 - 23:08
glaroc's picture
glaroc
Wed, 06/11/2014 - 07:31

I know very well how to install Drupal with a Postgres DB. It is the installation of your template that I have issues with.

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.