Multi Language Support

cocoshogo's picture
cocoshogo
Wed, 02/19/2014 - 05:22
Multi Language Support

While Im loving this theme. I need to make it available in more than one language. While Drupal has great tools to do this, the way you guys have done this theme makes it very challenging. I cant seem to add a language switcher to change languages, Even though I have translated the menu, the translation doesn't show. When clicking n menu item in under different language (ie. URL/es) the menu items only go back to default path. Is there a way to around this?

cindy's picture
cindy
Wed, 02/19/2014 - 05:47

Hi,
If you want to apply multi-language for menu, you have to create other main-menus.
We suggest you using module i18n for easier translating
Regards,

cocoshogo's picture
cocoshogo
Thu, 02/20/2014 - 01:55

I have done so already. The problem is I can put the language switcher in the navigation. Its all don from withiin the md_boom module with direct html in $content. I have used this code before for adding to tpl.php files : <?php
$block = module_invoke('lang_dropdown', 'block_view', 'language');
print render ($block);

but this wont work when trying to put language switcher b/n logo and menu. Also the menu doesnt translate (event though the menu has been administratively translated). Also menu is not respecting language (even under language path /ja, menues go back to /

Please help, Thank you for your time

egalili's picture
egalili
Tue, 11/25/2014 - 05:48

I first translated the content and then the menu - I placed the language switcher block in the header and it works fine. It needs a bit of styling though. I am working with Alpine.

cindy's picture
cindy
Thu, 02/20/2014 - 04:06

Hi,
In terms of multi-language, we currently have not supported this function yet.
However, you can visit https://drupal.org/node/1268692 for reference of contact us via [email protected] for more detail instruction.
Regards,

egalili's picture
egalili
Tue, 11/25/2014 - 05:55

Hello there -

I am using your Alpine theme for Drupal 7. I am creating a multilingual web site and need to also translate the content in the parallax ( which is added in the "Appearance" theme Alpine settings - under design.

The information in the Block can only translate the titles and not the full content. This is not enough for a fully multilingual web site. Can you explain how to fully translate the whole web site with all the content (even the content placed in the blocks, theme design - header, parallax, footer, About us. I could not find any documentation in this area.

I have the menus and content translating well.

Thank you, Erika

cindy's picture
cindy
Tue, 12/02/2014 - 05:43

Hi Egalili (Ericka)
Please check your email
We send you the instruction
Also, this is not Alpine's forum. If you have any question, please post on http://megadrupal.com/forum/theme-support/alpine

egalili's picture
egalili
Tue, 12/02/2014 - 10:28

Thank you -- this what came up in your search multi language

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.