Carousel With Blog

mvafai's picture
mvafai
Thu, 12/03/2015 - 09:35
Carousel With Blog

Hi,

I was looking at one of your exmple websites for MDBoom (http://demo.megadrupal.com/d7/md-boom/) and in the blog section of it is a carousel with a blog feature on it, so when you click on the image another box appears containing more text. I was curious about how this was done? i'm quite new to megadrupal so a step by step guide would be apprechiated :)

Thanks for all the help,

Dan

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Fri, 12/04/2015 - 05:38

Hi,

Here is instruction:

- Create a view

- Custom template of view (take a look at file views-view--blog--block.tpl.php for example)

- If you set iD blog-carousel for view, carousel will work by default

or if you add another ID, you need to custom Js. In this case, you can find example in file custom.js:

section

var blog = jQuery('#blog-carousel');

mvafai's picture
mvafai
Tue, 12/08/2015 - 04:00

Thanks for the help.

Just one more thing, When i add the view it adds it as a block even when I change the ID in the database it still shows as an unformatted list, what other bits am i missing?

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Tue, 12/08/2015 - 05:30

Just need to follow instruction. If it still does not work, you could send us your site url, admin account and FTP account by Private comment, we would like to help you. 

In that case, please describe by detail which you would like to have in your site also.

mvafai's picture
mvafai
Tue, 12/08/2015 - 12:37

Thanks again for the quick response. When I followed the instructions it appears as a list, after looking on the demo site the blog section apears to use a module called owl carousel?, but this wasnt included with the theme download files, After installing this module and setting the view from unformatted list to use owl carousel it still doesnt display correctly, does it require a specific content type to be used?

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Tue, 12/08/2015 - 22:46

No need to install module owl carousel. It uses libarary which included in theme. 

Maybe you could share us your site information so we will take a look and give more detailed instruction.

mvafai's picture
mvafai
Fri, 12/11/2015 - 12:07

Hi, I've private messaged the details, I've put the view into block content_6 below are the view settings and database fields in table views_display... what else should I check that could be affecting this?

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Sat, 12/12/2015 - 05:22

Dan,

Just checked your site and could see some thing messed up. But we could not access your FTP account. Please check it again. It showed message: "Unable to make a connection. Please try again."

mvafai's picture
mvafai
Mon, 12/14/2015 - 03:34

Hi Phuonght,

Just checked it and it appears to be working, could you check again and see if it was a temporary issue

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Mon, 12/14/2015 - 22:45

Just checked your site and could see you inserted your own js file. There is a file named buttontext.js which causes js errors. 

Please fix this file. You could insert js file in js folder but the current place. 

mvafai's picture
mvafai
Tue, 12/15/2015 - 08:40

Hi, I've done a fresh install of drupal with this theme and still struggling getting it working - I cant set the machine name of the view to blog-carousel as it says that the hyphen isnt supported (only underscores). The same links for FTP and HTTP now point to the new website and files if you could have a look, very much appreciated. Thanks

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Tue, 12/15/2015 - 21:59

sorry,

We can not access your site. There is a notification that it is not available. Could you check again?

mvafai's picture
mvafai
Thu, 12/17/2015 - 04:54

Apologies, this link should now be working and the FTP is pointing to the new location

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Thu, 12/17/2015 - 05:19

Still can not access site. We get access denied and wrong admin account.

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.