How to use the module Fivestar with Boom ?

kpenaud's picture
kpenaud
Wed, 09/09/2015 - 08:36
How to use the module Fivestar with Boom ?

Hello, 

Here I come... :)

I will want to use a module like Fivestar in the "overview" view. The tab will be : "Avis", and the content must allow the customer to write a review with notation.

How can I do that ?

Thank you for your help !!!

Have a nice day :)

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Thu, 09/10/2015 - 06:31

Hi,

Please do as the following instruction:

- install module Fivestar and add field to "Overview"

- create new node overview named "Avis" as you would like

- in content of "Avis", vote Fivestar then print it into template: sites\all\themes\md_boom\template\views\overview, file views-view--overview--block.tpl.php

Or you can send us your site url, admin and FTP accounts by comment form (remember to check "Private message" for security reason), we would like to hlep you.

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Fri, 09/25/2015 - 06:02

Hi Karine,

Sorry for late reply.

We tried to add a new tab as you would like and we see that we can not make content allow customer to write a review with notation. However, we can help you create a tab named "Avis" with Fivestar module.

How do you think about that?

kpenaud's picture
kpenaud
Fri, 09/25/2015 - 08:22

In fact, this module is not really what I want.... I am sorry.

I need more this module : https://www.drupal.org/project/starrating

but I have the same problem... 

I would like to have a tab "avis" where we could have a view of this module and the possibility for the user to write a review with notation for 5 points.

It seems this module is more appropriate.

I have installed it, but I don't know how to make a view of it (I have just began to work with Drupal...).

I would be very pleased if you could help me to do that.

I just need the steps to do that, but really need detailed steps :). Is it possible for you ?

Thank you very much !!

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Sun, 09/27/2015 - 23:18

Hi,

We find a readme file enclosed to the "Starratting" module. 

And there is instruction:

"To use Star Rating module, you need to create a field for the star rating. To do this, go to Content types admin page at admin/structure/types and edit/create a content type to which you want to add star rating field.
Go to 'Manage Field' tab and add a new filed with 'Star rating' field type selected. Then, the field settings tab is opened and you need to choose the maximum rating value for the field there. Once you press "Save field settings" button, 'Review settings' page is displayed and you can select the default rating value if you wish. Once the series of adding field steps is completed, go to the 'Manage Display' tab.
At 'Manage Display' tab, you can select some options including icon type and color to be used for the field. You can even assign different icon type and color for each display mode (default, full, teaser) if you wish.
That's all. When you create a new article and enter the rating value, you will see the rating icons of your choice instead of integer values.
Althogh the integer value of each field is replaced with icons and not displayed, the value is included and hidden in the HTML code so that the integer value is used when you copy and paste the web site contents to text editor, or when you use voice reading feature."

Have you tried with it?

Or you could take a look with module at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmOx74oJBwY

kpenaud's picture
kpenaud
Mon, 10/05/2015 - 09:37

So... The more I am reading the documentation, the more I am lost...

I want a page where users could give a notation with stars for 5 criterias and let an advice too.

I can not seem to display the module in my view.

Wich module is more suitable to be used with "boom" ?

I don't understand...

Please help...

Thank you !!

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Tue, 10/06/2015 - 07:05

We would like to make some point clarify.

- First, with any module, we can not create a tab that allow notation with a review.

- Second one, if you would like to write a post then voting by yourself we will use module "Star rating", like that:

Image title

or if you would like your customers voting for your services/products, we will use "Five stars".

You can see an example at Zone Géographique, the blue one is "Star rating" and the yellow one is "Five stars"

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.