Adding icon-lifebuoy to fontello icons

lapinpub's picture
lapinpub
Fri, 08/07/2015 - 21:37
Adding icon-lifebuoy to fontello icons

Can you please tell me how I could add the .icon-lifebouy to the fontello icon set? 

I am wanting to add some fontello-type icons to the existing site.  For example I see that you have a fontello/fontello and fontello/fontello54 directory which contains .css files with the icon codes.  In one case I was able to add an icon by hand by updating the css but am wanting to bring in a new character which you do not seem to have bundled:  specifically .icon-lifebuoy: '\e800'

I have gone to fontello and created and downloaded a bundle which contains just this icon and placed it in a fontello/fontello55 folder but the icon does not show up in the "Edit Services" as it did when I did it with an icon which was bundled into the existing fontello bundle.

I'm noticing that there is a "blob" in the database under "icon_bundle/fontello" perhaps this is where the bundle is supposed to be stored?

I have not found any of the documentation on the fontello.com website to be of any help. 

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Fri, 08/07/2015 - 22:51

Hi,

Could you send us your site url and admin account (forum link as well) via email: [email protected]? We would like to check it for you.

lapinpub's picture
lapinpub
Fri, 08/07/2015 - 23:07

Unfornately, my client would never allow that and the site is hosted on an internal server at this point.  However my question is quite basic, there would be nothing ilucidating to find in examining my site.

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Fri, 08/07/2015 - 23:44

So,

please import downloaded zip file which contains your icon at admin/config/media/icon/import and see if it works.

lapinpub's picture
lapinpub
Sat, 08/08/2015 - 17:32

I was able to find that but unfortunately while my new icon shows up (the life-bouy) it also makes all of your icons (in the other bundle) dissapear. 

1) They are still listed as active in the database and the drop-down in "Edit Services" but when previewed the icons from your bundle dissapear.

2) If you select an icon from the new bundle then the icons from the first bundle no longer show but if you only select icons from the first bundle then the first bundle icons appear

So it appears that there is a bug in there somewhere that clobbers one bundle (for display pusposes) when another is selected.

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Sun, 08/09/2015 - 22:30

Please send us your site information. On our site, it still works well so we need to have a check with your site to find error and solution.

lapinpub's picture
lapinpub
Tue, 08/18/2015 - 20:17

My site can currently be previewed at: http://www.allproaudioinc.com/cms/

I was able to add the character by completely re-rolling and re-installing an updated version of the fontello by merging the config.json files and uploading them to fontello, creating a new bundle and incorporating that.  It would be much nicer to just create an additional package and have the code regognize it, however.

Here's the steps that I had to follow to re-roll the font bundle:

Fontello Add Icon Notes

• Locate profiles/mdboom/files/icon/fontello

• Merge fontello/config.json and fontello54.config.json (note, a little “smarts” is needed here as the two “gliphs” sections are what’s being merged and the proper json format needs to be kept. Copy the “gliphs” from the “54” after the “gliphs” of the first having a single comma between the two

• Go to fontello.com

• Click the “Wrench” button over near toward the right

• Select “import”

• Upload the newly merged fontello.json file

• You can now add/remove icons from the “font awesome” section

• Click “download webfont”

• Now, back in windows/mac

• unzip the downloaded folder

• and rename the containing folder from “fontello-?????” to “fontello”

• copy the contents of that fonttello folder to replace folder profiles\mdboom\files\icon\fontello\fontello

• Back in Drupal admin/config/media/icon

• Delete the existing font pack “fontello”

• Click “import” and recreate the fontello pack using the original downloaded zip file with the new fontello-????? bundle

• i. Title: fontello

• ii. Provider: Automatically Select

• iii. Archive File: Newly downloaded fontello-????? bundle (zip) file.

• Use default bundle settings on following page (configure page): Enable animation / ie7 support, include method -> default, HTML Markup ->i

• Icons will now be available on ”Select Icon” dropdown on edit content/services page

Note “fontello54” directory is no longer needed

Additionally, following code change in sites\all\modules\contrib\icon\includes after line 70 will alphabetically sort the icons in the dropdown and make life a bit easier when selecting the icons from the dropdown (changed lines shown in bold)

if (!count($options)) {

// Set the default value.

if (!empty($default_value)) {

$options = array($default_value => $default_icon);

}

} else {

$nOptions = array();

// Sort service icons prior to display

foreach($options as $optId=>$option) {asort($options[$optId]);
}

}

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Tue, 08/18/2015 - 23:17

So,

Now you can add your icon and it works well on your site, right? If there is any problem more, please feel free to tell us.

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.