HOME PAGE: Featured items

Tamig's picture
Tamig
Tue, 02/21/2017 - 16:56
HOME PAGE: Featured items

Hi Phuonght and Cindy,

On the home page, I need to modify the featured items section. 

How do I:

1. Get rid of the overlay / lightboxes (highlighted in blue in the image below).

2. Import my images where there are now Megadrupal 1200 x 900 graphics?

3. Link my images once uploaded and integrated?

Where would I find a video or instructions for doing this?

Thank you!

Tami

Image title

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Tue, 02/28/2017 - 04:27

Sorry,

Can you please explain more about questions number 2 and 3? We can not understand clearly.

Thank you.

Tamig's picture
Tamig
Tue, 02/28/2017 - 10:50

Hi, Phuonght,

2. The 1200 x 900 placeholder graphics (below) are to be replaced with our images. 

Image title

3. After replacing these placeholder graphics with our images, we will need to create links from these images to other pages on the site.  

How specifically are these aims accomplished?

Thank you!

Tami

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Wed, 03/01/2017 - 21:25

Before doing anything, please remember to backup site first:

- Open file views-view-fields--portfolio-related--block.tpl.php(sites/all/themes/md_avendor/templates/views/block/portfolio/portfolio_related), remove code:

<div class="overlay-wrapper-content">
<div class="overlay-details">
<a class="color-white" href="<?php print file_create_url($row->field_field_pictures[0]['raw']['uri']); ?>" data-lightbox="image"><span class="icon icon-plus"></span></a>
<a class="color-white" href="<?php print $fields['path']->content; ?>"><span class="icon icon-ellipsis"></span></a>
</div>
<div class="overlay-bg"></div>
</div>

Then save and clear cache drupal.

- Go to admin/content, set filter TYPE "PORTFOLIO", change images of contents in list portfolio

- Go to admin/structure/types/manage/portfolio/fields, add a new field named "Link", type TEXT. Then go to content of PORTFOLIO to add data to new field.

After finishing all steps above, please notify us.

Thank you

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Wed, 03/15/2017 - 00:18

So

1.  PORTFOLIO SLIDER will become PORTFOLIO CATEGORIES? All images will be images of PORTFOLIO CATEGORIES? And when you click 1 PORTFOLIO CATEGORIES, site will direct to PORTFOLIO PAGE. This page will display all PORTFOLIO ITEM of this CATEGORY?

2. Can you please explain more about "Modify the print on page and remove options for other pages"?

Tamig's picture
Tamig
Wed, 03/15/2017 - 14:32

Hi Phuonght,

Change of plan as I see the functionality as it's currently laid out. It seems the best thing for me to do is use the buttons for "All" "Branding"  "Print" and "Web Design" and add more to sort my projects.

Let's forget about my question #1.

#2 - I would like the projects to continue to load as you scroll down the page without having to use the "View More" button.

#3 - Forget about this one as well.

#4 - How do I change the text "Full width let you have your portfolio..." to my text? The edit text button doesn't work?

#5 - How do I add more buttons like "branding", "Print" and modify to match my project types?

Thank you!

Tami

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Thu, 03/16/2017 - 04:57

2 - We will check again. If there is any module supports auto load more when scroll down then we can customize as you want

4 - You can go to http://drupal.engineeringventures.com/admin/structure/block/manage/views...

5 - Go to http://drupal.engineeringventures.com/admin/structure/taxonomy/categrori... then add more term

Tamig's picture
Tamig
Mon, 03/27/2017 - 11:43

Hello Phounght,

Neither of the above links #4 and #5 are working. I get an Access Denied page.

I was able to follow the breadcrumbs in the link you listed.

Tami

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Mon, 03/27/2017 - 23:16

Tami,

You need to be in admin mode when accessing those links.

Tamig's picture
Tamig
Fri, 03/31/2017 - 14:03

Hi Phuonght,

I notice as I am adding projects to the Portfolio page, the projects that I had chosen to be my Featured Projects on the Home page have changed. At some point I will be changing those as our project work progresses, but I don't want them to be random. It looks like whichever three projects are listed at the top in Content are the ones that show as Featured on the Home page. How can I re-order them to have the ones I have selected be the Featured ones?

Tamig's picture
Tamig
Fri, 04/07/2017 - 15:49

Hello all,

As discussed above in the #7 post, I would like to not have the "View More" option on the Portfolio page. I've noticed as I'm adding projects that they only show up in the different categories if the Portfolio page has been fully expanded, i.e. continuing to hit the "View More" button until all are showing. If they are not fully expanded in the "All" category, then they don't show up in the other categories in which they belong. For instance if I go to the Portfolio page and search the Cultural category only one project shows up, when there are a number of them. The only way they show up is if they are already showing in the first 8 projects that load in the "All" category. I'd like for them to continue to load on their own as you scroll down the page, which I assume will make them available to sort to the other categories as well.

Any way to do that?

Thanks for your help!

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Fri, 04/07/2017 - 22:43

Hi Tami,

Khoa sent you an email to ask for souce code and database. Did you receive it?

I don't need your website account. I need your source code + database to set up your website on my local and make customization for you. I'll send you new source code + database when I finish.

Do you know how to export database and make a zip file of source + database? If not, please give me your cPanel account.

Tamig's picture
Tamig
Tue, 04/11/2017 - 10:14

Hello Phuonght,

I was out of the office, but have forwarded my login credential to our host control panel.

Tami

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Tue, 04/11/2017 - 22:29

Tami,

Just went to cPanel but did not see your website source in folder HTTPDOCS (website http://drupal.engineeringventures.com). There was only a theme DALAND. Can you please check again?

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Wed, 04/12/2017 - 22:56

We went to your FILE MANAGER but could not see source web using theme AVENDOR. Please ask your developer to test again or just send Khoa source code of site Avendor

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Thu, 04/13/2017 - 22:32

We also can not access your FTP too. Please check again.

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Sun, 04/16/2017 - 22:33

We also use credentials at comment #16 but always get  "Could not connect to server".

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Wed, 04/19/2017 - 22:32

Hi Tami,

Khoa is working. He will send you result next week.

Thank you.

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Wed, 04/26/2017 - 23:06

Hi,

1. We tested on Chrome but it worked normally http://prnt.sc/f1arw3

2. We a a new field FEATURED in PORTFOLIO. If you would like to display any portfolio item in HOMEPAGE, just need to check option FEATURED of item.

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Tue, 05/02/2017 - 23:39

Hi Tami,

For now, there is no Drupal module supporting "load on scroll" so we can only use button "View more" for Featured Project.

About project description, we fixed. Check please.

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.