More slider issues

khm's picture
khm
Sun, 02/07/2016 - 03:25
More slider issues

Hi

Not been using the slider option before. Besides previously reported issues I see that pictures in the slide gets skewed, i.e. height/width does not adjust properly when one resize browser. The problem is particularly visible on mobile phones/portrait mode due to the height vs width of view. 

Appreciate any help, thanks!

khoa's picture
khoa
Sun, 02/07/2016 - 19:43

Hello,

The slider is fullscreen so we cannot make it responsive. If we do that your image will be cut off when viewing in small screen(mobile). You can see the picture below

Image title

You can the the original HTML here: http://birvacreativestudio.com/theme/arista/Arista/slider.html

Thank you!

khm's picture
khm
Mon, 02/08/2016 - 01:47

Yeah thought so, makes perfect sense, but the single picture we got scaled somehow. think we set it so that it was clipped.

if I wanted to make/try the change (for mobile/small screen only) can you tell me where exactly?

Thanks!

khoa's picture
khoa
Mon, 02/08/2016 - 18:13

Hello,

I'm not clear with your question. Can you explain more? Or give me some screenshots to describe your idea.

Thank you!

khm's picture
khm
Tue, 02/09/2016 - 02:37

I want to achieve a result where the slider is correctly sized on a mobile phone in portrait mode, like shown in your screenshot.  

I suppose width 320px or something like that. Thanks :)

Image title

khoa's picture
khoa
Tue, 02/09/2016 - 02:57

Hello,

This solution can make the image responsive. However, the banner will have a black part at the bottom. So do you want to apply that solution into your site?

Thanks!

khm's picture
khm
Tue, 02/09/2016 - 03:19

For mobile phone in portrait mode that would work fine, thank you, what can I insert/change and where? :)

khoa's picture
khoa
Tue, 02/09/2016 - 10:15

Hello,

Please open supersized.css file(sites/all/themes/md_arista/css/front/), then add this attribute: height: auto !important; into the selectors #supersized li.prevslide img, #supersized li.activeslide img { ...}

Thanks!

khm's picture
khm
Wed, 02/10/2016 - 03:58

Hi

If I apply the attribute it there it changes the slides regardless of size of browser. I would like the attribute only to apply to mobile portrait (i.e. max width: 320px or similar). 

Thanks!

khm's picture
khm
Wed, 02/10/2016 - 11:31

Think I found a solution, adding attribute/string with height:auto under @media (max width) in style.css enabled me to control exactly when and where I wanted to change resolution :)

Cheers :)

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.