YouTube functionality

ejstevenson's picture
ejstevenson
Tue, 12/08/2015 - 14:08
YouTube functionality

Hi--I've been trying to load a YouTube video into the blog section, and haven't been having any luck.  I was able to load a movie file in another blog entry, and it works just fine using the same settings I used for the YouTube video.  I can't tell what I'm doing wrong, since the other video seems to be ok, and so I wondered if it might be a back-end issue that needed to be solved by you guys.  I'll insert a screen shot of how the video looks in the image carousel.  The page I'm having trouble with on my website is here:  http://fischhaus.com/blog/2015-knob-new-music-festival.  Here's the page with the video that works:  http://fischhaus.com/blog/ada-compliance.  Thanks, in advance, for your help!

Image title

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Wed, 12/09/2015 - 05:58

Hi,

We will check and reply ASAP :)

cindy's picture
cindy
Mon, 12/14/2015 - 22:45

Hi Ejstevenson

Please send us your site url, admin account and FTP account

We will check your issue

(Please check "private message" below the comment box for security)

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Wed, 12/16/2015 - 04:20

Video youtube can not display because you set display file format is HTML5 while path point to video's url. 

Please go to /admin/structure/file-types/manage/video/file-display to check settings: 

Image title

By default, drupal has no program running media for video file so we will use another plugin to run user's video files (https://www.drupal.org/project/mediafront).

After installing mediafront, please enable Open Standards Media Player in module list.
You also can change/ edit settings of video player at /admin/structure/mediafront/preset/default_file

ejstevenson's picture
ejstevenson
Wed, 12/16/2015 - 11:17

Ok--I will start checking into that, but in the meantime, can you please roll back all the other changes you made?  The home page is very different, and the menu as well, and therefore the way the entire site functions.  Please do this as soon as you can, because we use our website frequently!

ejstevenson's picture
ejstevenson
Wed, 12/16/2015 - 12:16

Actually, don't worry about it--I'll roll back the files on my end.

ejstevenson's picture
ejstevenson
Sat, 12/19/2015 - 15:03

Just a note:  thank you for updating my template, but in future, I might recommend asking first, since all the menus went back to their original state, and you overwrote several new code elements I had added to the site...it took me a long time to get it back to how it was, and I'm not super pleased.

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Sun, 12/20/2015 - 22:01

Sorry for your inconvenience. 

We sincerely thank for all your comments and will be more cautious with fixing customers' problems in the future.

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.