Installing Drupal

akeil's picture
akeil
Mon, 10/20/2014 - 03:39
Installing Drupal

I just purchased the theme and have trouble installing it on Drupal. I tried to install the included md_alpine_install_profile.zip both on a live Drupal 7.32 installation and on a virtual (XAMPP) Drupal 7.31 installation. In both cases it failed with the message “Automatic updating of Drupal core is not supported. See the upgrade guide for information on how to update Drupal core manually.” How am I supposed to install the Alpine Theme? Thanks for your help.

cindy's picture
cindy
Tue, 10/21/2014 - 04:27

Hi,
Could you please send us some screenshots of the error?

akeil's picture
akeil
Tue, 10/21/2014 - 05:02

This is a screenshot where I choose the file to install:

And this is the screenshot of the error:

(Note that Drupal warns me that I should upgrad to Drupal 7.32 but I am still running Drupal 7.31.)

akeil's picture
akeil
Thu, 10/23/2014 - 03:53

We need a response now - even if it involves instructions on how to manually install Alpine. Otherwise we will have to return our purchase since a Theme that can't be installed is worthless.
Thank you.

cindy's picture
cindy
Fri, 10/24/2014 - 04:26

Hi,
You uploaded the wrong file (profile.zip)
Please read in the documentation, follow the steps of manual install.
(Just install a fresh drupal, when istalling the theme, you need to extract the file and put folder modules in sites/all/module, theme in sites/all/themes and libraries in all/sites)

akeil's picture
akeil
Sat, 10/25/2014 - 08:02

Alright, first of all, the Drupal installation *is* fresh! It's actually a fresh installation on a fresh virtual server (XAMPP). The only thing I modified is to raise the limits to be able to upload the install zip file.
Second, why is using the provided md_alpin_install_profile.zip wrong? If this is the wrong file then please 1) don't name it that way and 2) tell me which is supposed to be the right one (since there is no other zip file included).
Last, if you tell me to "read the documentation", then please let me know where to find it. Or, even better, provide a little more details. Drupal themes are supposed to be installed rather easily and if the Alpine theme does not support this, then I don't see this as a RTFM case.
Thank you!

akeil's picture
akeil
Sat, 10/25/2014 - 11:29

OK, I think I managed to find the right zip file to install. (Naming the folder where to look for it would have helped!)

First problem: When I click on the theme's settings, I get the following error message: "Fatal error: Call to undefined function icon_bundles() in C:\xampp\apps\drupal\htdocs\sites\all\themes\md_alpine\inc\theme-settings-design.inc on line 11"

I also copied the contents of modules.zip into sites/all/modules. Next, the documentation says to enable the "Alpine Features" module. But when doing that, the following page doesn't load and the Apache server seems to experience an error. Plus, I can't access the Drupal site anymore. So again, I am stuck.

cindy's picture
cindy
Sun, 10/26/2014 - 03:40

Hi,
Please send us your site's url as well as admin account to [email protected] (also this forum link)
We will check and fix your problem

akeil's picture
akeil
Wed, 11/19/2014 - 07:57

Hi,

is there a way to quickly edit the menu and the array of the single parallax parts as well?
So far I had to change the menu via the menu setting and the array of the parallax in the front.php doc.

Hope you can help me.

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.