General Use / Populate the Theme

cpergantis's picture
cpergantis
Thu, 09/25/2014 - 15:41
General Use / Populate the Theme

Just getting it installed on an existing site. The types of content on the examples are short brief blocks icons and mostly graphic. This is typical of this type of theme. My content as it exists now is mostly articles a great many are blog entries with some informational marketing pieces.

# How do I populate the regions?

# Is it best done with block views? individual blocks?

# What are some of the practices used to populate the front page of this theme?

Secondly, I want to retain a good bit of the blog and informational content at the site. I am planning to use the theme-key module to give a different theme to the back pages and use alpine for only the front page -

# Is this something that is common or am I being very different compared to other sites?

cindy's picture
cindy
Tue, 10/07/2014 - 04:05

Hi,

# Alpine theme provides some avalaible regions. You can declare more regions in file info regions[new_region] = New Region Name

# You use view or custom block to assign blocks, which is created by yourself, into available regions. However, these blocks' style and design of may not so beautiful as available block's

# You can go to md_alpine/template/page--front.tpl.php (for front page)
You can use module theme-key or module context and delta

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.