TRANSLATION HELP

Hugflog's picture
Hugflog
Mon, 07/21/2014 - 10:19
TRANSLATION HELP

Hi there,

I was wondering, if you could help me figure out, how to translate different strings in the theme.
I've tried using the built in Drupal translate option, but without any luck,

Likewise, I've installet the string override module, and this has been somewhat helpful.

But if I click myself in to a blog node, like the default "Post with Youtube Video" node, I would like to translate the "COMMENT*" text. The "Enter Message" text. "POST COMMENT" text and also the <- Older and Newer -> text strings to my own language.

How do i do this?

I've tried looking in the different template files, without any help.

Hope to hear back from you, and that you can help me :-)

Have a nice day

/Tom

cindy's picture
cindy
Mon, 07/21/2014 - 23:36

Hi Tom,
Please check your email!

Regards,

Hugflog's picture
Hugflog
Sat, 07/26/2014 - 15:03

Hi Cindy,

Thank you for your reply.

I've copied the attached files, you sent me to the folders, you described. But without any change happening in my translation proces.

I've made a little video, showing you, what I'm having trouble with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iv5SSdQcAM&index=2&list=UUdkzOP0ms_3Uqv...

Hope, you kan help me

/Tom

cindy's picture
cindy
Sun, 07/27/2014 - 23:09

Hi,
Please check the video? It seems to be not the video you supposed to send us.
Anyway, we sent you the email asking for some information.

Hugflog's picture
Hugflog
Tue, 07/29/2014 - 10:41

Sorry, for the wrong link.

This should be the right one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qsb_PNZE_os&list=UUdkzOP0ms_3UqvJlmxYfMEg

chrbak's picture
chrbak
Tue, 07/29/2014 - 13:37

Hello, I am having the same problem too.

I want to create a multilanguage site using the alpine theme but I can see that the theme settings are not translatable, e.g. can I translate the '404 Text Display' field value (at ...admin/appearance/settings/md_alpine -> DESIGN -> 404 Page -> 404 Text Display)??

Can someone help me on this? If I don't find a solution I will have to abandon the theme (although it is a awesome theme!).

chrbak's picture
chrbak
Wed, 07/30/2014 - 03:06

The solution about how to translate the theme settings was an obvious one, just enabling the 'Variable translation' of the 'Internationalization' module did the trick.

Is there a similar or another way to translate the text objects of the 'MD FullScreen Sliders' custom module of yours. I haven't found yet a solution to translate them, e.g. for the Demo slider the text object 'Are you ready?' from the 'Slide 1'.

cindy's picture
cindy
Fri, 08/01/2014 - 04:17

Hi,
Sorry for replying late!
@Hugflog: please check your email
@chrbak: the easiest way is editing those texts or you clone the slider. Each slider has its own language.

Regards,

chrbak's picture
chrbak
Thu, 08/28/2014 - 03:16

Hello cindy,
I would like to ask you how can I translate the custom fields of blocks, "Text Before Block Title", "Text After Block Title" and "Block Description"?
I want to do so for blocks like "View: About Us: Block".

cindy's picture
cindy
Thu, 08/28/2014 - 04:36

Hi,
Please download this https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B245yG3aZPz4YXR2QkJuUE16ZzQ/edit?usp=sh...
and replace the old file in replace md_alpine/template
And use string_override module to translate

Regards,

GC's picture
GC
Thu, 09/18/2014 - 05:03

Hi there, we want to translate our site, we're currently using variable and field translate and can translate the content fine. Anything theme related though we can click on the new language within the appearance settings but when we change it from the original it doesn't show on the site. Only the original shows.

Looks like we're getting the following errors:

http:/settings/sites/all/themes/md_alpine/js/lib/htc/sepia.htc
REFERRER settings/md_alpine?variable_realm_key_language=zh-hans
MESSAGE Notice: Undefined index: sites in system_theme_settings() (line 547 of /public_html/modules/system/system.admin.inc).

Thanks

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.