External link issue

trhall's picture
trhall
Thu, 09/15/2016 - 17:27
External link issue

Hello 

I am having an issue with the external link button in the portfolio page .... I want it so that when u click on the blue button that says external link it opens in a separate window so that users can see it and when they are done just close the window without having to hit the back button.... I installed an external link module but I am having issues with implementing it with the external link button.... Any help would be great 

trhall's picture
trhall
Thu, 09/15/2016 - 17:31

Also I need help with getting rid of the alpine text that is in the home navigation on the left side of the menu buttons .... I want to put something in its place 

trhall's picture
trhall
Thu, 09/15/2016 - 22:32

Hello 

I am having an issue with the external link button in the portfolio page .... I want it so that when u click on the blue button that says external link it opens in a separate window so that users can see it and when they are done just close the window without having to hit the back button.... I installed an external link module but I am having issues with implementing it with the external link button.... Any help would be great 

Image title

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Thu, 09/15/2016 - 23:11

Hi,

Please go to file node--portfolio.tpl.php(sites\all\themes\md_alpine\template), find line 113 and add function target="_blank" to <a> tag.

About the text "Alpine", it is site logo, you can please go to theme settings (/admin/appearance/settings/md_alpine) > Logo, Favicon & Webclip to change it. Or if you would like to remove anything else so please send us some screenshots.

trhall's picture
trhall
Fri, 09/16/2016 - 11:57

so i have been trying to get it to work, feeling pretty slow trying to get target="_blank" to fit

this is all of line 113:

<a href="<?php print render($content['field_po_button_link']);?>"><span data-hover="<?php print ($node->field_po_button_text[$node->language][0]['value']);?>"><?php print ($node->field_po_button_text[$node->language][0]['value']);?></span></a>

trhall's picture
trhall
Fri, 09/16/2016 - 12:06

this is where i put it 

<a href="<?php print render($content['field_po_button_link']);?>"target="_blank"><span data-hover="<?php print ($node->field_po_button_text[$node->language][0]['value']);?>"><?php print ($node->field_po_button_text[$node->language][0]['value']);?></span></a>

trhall's picture
trhall
Sun, 09/18/2016 - 12:40

I still can't get it to work , can u spot check this line of code to see where I messed up ?

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Sun, 09/18/2016 - 22:38

Hi,

Please send us your site admin account and FTP account by private comment. We would like to have a check.

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Mon, 09/19/2016 - 22:53

Sorry,

How about your site url?

trhall's picture
trhall
Sat, 09/24/2016 - 17:25

Nevermind the above comment .. i fixed the external link issue .... but how to you get rid of the external link button from showing up on the page ?

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Sun, 09/25/2016 - 22:25

Please go to file node--portfolio.tpl.php (sites\all\themes\md_alpine\template) to remove external link button.

trhall's picture
trhall
Thu, 10/27/2016 - 16:14

any suggestions as to how i can add a resume to my site ? i want to use a custom template which would include the basic html and style sheet as a separate file, if there is a module that i can download . i

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Fri, 10/28/2016 - 03:13

You can please create content type in Drupal and add fields to it. Then you need to add CSS code for nodes resumé.

trhall's picture
trhall
Fri, 10/28/2016 - 13:33

i am trying to add a link to the preset icon that i chose to use but i am having trouble finding where i can put it... there is a box that says link but when i put an adress in there the icon disapears.. how can i get the icon to go to the website i choose ?

Image title

trhall's picture
trhall
Fri, 10/28/2016 - 16:07

so basically i am adding a button using the AWEcontent and i dont know the format of how to add the link .. 

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Sun, 10/30/2016 - 22:41

Please send us your site admin account again. We can not access above account. 

trhall's picture
trhall
Tue, 11/01/2016 - 23:24

i fixed the external link issue.....

My biggest problem right now is when i try to add new content and i click on the browse button i get this error

Image title

trhall's picture
trhall
Wed, 11/02/2016 - 00:13

so i guess my question should be ... how to i replace videos that are preset in the templates on the portfolio page with my own videos

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Tue, 11/01/2016 - 23:59

Can you please tell us where you declare function media_views_plugins()?

trhall's picture
trhall
Wed, 11/02/2016 - 00:20

i figured it out ... thanks 

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.