**SOLVED** Drupal Support Punted Me Here: It's a Theme Issue

jaycburton's picture
jaycburton
Sat, 01/10/2015 - 13:14
**SOLVED** Drupal Support Punted Me Here: It's a Theme Issue

I posted this on the Drupal support forum:

Hi all. I am a Drupal newbie, although I have been using computers and writing code since 1977, and am most familiar with Joomla in the CMS world. Yesterday I purchased a theme (MegaDrupal Alpine, which also included Drupal 7.28), and installed it without issue. I do not yet know the proper term for this combination install in the Drupal world. In the Joomla world, it is called a "demo install" when the Joomla core is installed with JavaScript, CSS, and the extensions so that your new site looks just like the "demo" the template author created.

In any case, the install seemed to go just fine. When I got to the backend I noticed that there were some warnings and notices that Drupal core was not up to date. First, I was a bit surprised that Drupal core files could not be updated automatically, but I searched for and found the update process, and then updated the site as per these instructions: https://www.drupal.org/node/1494290.

After uploading the new files, I executed the update.php files, as suggested in step 11. I get this on the first screen:

Unresolved dependency Webform (Version 3.x required)
Webform Layout requires this module and version. Currently using Webform version 4.2

If I am reading this correctly, it appears that I am being told to downgrade from Webform version 4.2 to Webform version 3.x. Is that correct? That does not seem right to me, and thus this post.

Some system information:
PHP Version 5.4.33
Database Version 5.5.40-cll

If further information is needed to assist me, kindly let me know. Thanks in advance. Remember, go easy on the old guy. ;)

AND GOT THIS REPLY:

Webform is not part of Drupal core. It is an add-on module for creating surveys or other data-gathering tools.

Your problem really is a support issue that should be put to your theme vendor, which created the problem by requiring a specific version of Webform. This is not a common occurrence.

If you don't need the webform functionality, you might be able to turn it off, along with components (presumably styling tools) that require it. If that doesn't work, you will need to revert to the backup you made before updating the code (this includes the database backup) and upgrade everything except Webform.

Another alternative would be to get an updated, compatible version of the theme, if one exists.

So, is there a more up-to-date version of the Alpine template? Is there some reason the Alpine theme was coded to require a specific version of Webform? How can I resolve this matter?

cindy's picture
cindy
Mon, 01/12/2015 - 23:19

Please check your email

jaycburton's picture
jaycburton
Tue, 01/13/2015 - 13:07

Thanks, Cindy, that took care of it. :)

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.