Mega Menu collapses when MD Slider runs next animation

schuetze's picture
schuetze
Tue, 03/28/2017 - 01:55
Mega Menu collapses when MD Slider runs next animation

My Mega Menu works fine on a static page. Now, I wanted to publish this Mega Menu to all pages of my website. On my front page, a MD Slider block is just below the Mega Menu. If I move the mouse pointer over the Mega Menu, a menu item expands. Then, I move the mouse pointer over the sub menu area to click a sub menu item. But if the MD Slider steps to the next animation, the expanded sub menu collapses and I have no chance to click an a sub menu item! If I wait for a longer break between two animations, I can click on a sub menu item without any problem.

My idea to solve this issue was to increase the z-index of the Mega Menu (greater than the z-order of the MD Slider), but nothing changed.

What can I do?

Regards,
Oliver

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Tue, 03/28/2017 - 04:42

Please send us your site admin account and FTP account again.

Thank you.

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Fri, 03/31/2017 - 04:10

We check many times and can see as below:

- Mega menu and mega slider work normally

- Disable slider, menu still is collapses

- Submenu is hidden because there is a click event (happens even when we do not click). You can check by going to inspect in chrome > tab console 

paste following code then enter

jQuery('body').bind('documentClick', function(){console.log('click - ' + Math.random());});

you can see virtual clicks are generated continuously.

schuetze's picture
schuetze
Fri, 03/31/2017 - 06:04

Thank you for this hint!

On https://developers.google.com/web/tools/chrome-devtools/console/events I found the "monitorEvents" command for the Chrome console that gives some more details about the source of the fired click event. With these details I could identify the JS block that fires the click events. After removing this JS block, all works fine now.

Sorry for posting problems that came from other blocks or modules. But my first idea was the combination of MD Slider and MD MegaMenu - on pages without the slider (and without the other JS block, that I didn't realize), the menu worked fine.

Regards,
Oliver

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.